[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is using a model like pic related considered a crutch?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: awsf.jpg (59 KB, 963x494) Image search: [Google]
awsf.jpg
59 KB, 963x494
Is using a model like pic related considered a crutch?
>>
>>2295117
For learning or practice or whatever? No. If you can't draw a person without a model? Yes.
>>
What this dude says >>2295121
Mannequins can be pretty useful to for figuring out a pose,lighting ref, and junk.
>>
Please don't tell me you are thinking about buying that, OP.
>>
>>2295117
im personally against it because itll just make it so you draw bodies with that style of proportions and figurines are almost always not as good as i want them to be.
>>
Yup. Everything that's not purely drawing from imagination is a crutch.
>>
using a drawing book to learn to draw is a crutch
practice is a crutch
>>
not using crutches to get better is a surefire way to make yourself not want to draw and have no fun with art, using crutches when you're much more skilled is lazy and leads to sameyness
>>
If you feel it will help you, you should get it. You it's up to you however, how much you rely on it. It's like life drawing, if you use it too much your imagination suffers, use imagination too much, life drawing suffers.

Try using this model for some drawings and then put it away and try to remember what you learned from doing those drawings. Rinse, repeat.
>>
>>2295117

I personally think that you would learn more from drawing a well sculpted unposable figure with good anatomy from different angles. To be able to interpret those weird doll joints into something realistic you'd have to be already good at anatomy and drawing from imagination anyway.
>>
NO RULES JUST TOOLS

Is it worth the 30 bucks tho? Important question, I might ask for one for christmas.
>>
Yes it is. Who cares?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.