[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
fine art mfa applications
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 9
File: 3.jpg (274 KB, 1218x1839) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
274 KB, 1218x1839
have any of you gone to an MFA program? I know this board skews towards illustration, maybe we can discuss some of those programs too, but I am really curious about the more conceptual programs. Would like to talk rankings and also advice for applying.

just one question to get us started, is some of them have portfolio requirments of various siezes, for example "up to 15 pieces", do you suppose its better to go all the way to 15?
>>
File: Untitled-4.jpg (708 KB, 1653x1303) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-4.jpg
708 KB, 1653x1303
>>
File: Untitled-5.jpg (823 KB, 1299x2723) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-5.jpg
823 KB, 1299x2723
>>
>>2295028

thanks for contributing to the thread. why do you post on an art critique board if you are hostile to the humanities?
>>
>>2295312
>why do you post on an art critique board if you are hostile to the humanities

youre the same kid who thinks critiques should only be compliments, huh.
>>
>>2295375
so do you know anything about applying to grad school or not?
>>
>>2295384
im a different anon idgaf about your thread.
just saw you post dumb shit so i shitposted back :)
>>
>>2295312
The local /pol/tards love to show off their infographic posting skills. Ignore them.
>>
well, I know that if I was letting people in judged by portfolios I'd reject that painting there for sure, it's neither well proportioned nor aesthetically pleasing in it's abstractness, and there's tons of paint dripping and bad strokes, that even if intentional, look horrible.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (200 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
200 KB, 1000x750
>>2295312
>the humanities he says
>>
>>2295405
>5-10k a year
>that art
>financially stable
epic bait.
>>
>>2295025
I graduated from the Academy of Art San Francisco MFA program back in 2006.

I would recommend going all the way to 15. You want to show off your abilities. Figure drawing, color theory, composition, perspective, etc. Show off the best you know about the building blocks of art.

Good luck!
>>
File: BzwIJRlIcAAFZjD.jpg (19 KB, 360x273) Image search: [Google]
BzwIJRlIcAAFZjD.jpg
19 KB, 360x273
>>2295507
>Figure drawing, color theory, composition, perspective, etc.

can you tell us a bit about your concentration? was all of your work thematically cohesive?

is academy of art the one which owns all of the buildings in SF? did george kuchar teach there?
>>
>>2295025

Pic related is yours OP?
>>
File: tumblr_nftbwnwgpx1qm5lq7o1_500.jpg (77 KB, 500x344) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nftbwnwgpx1qm5lq7o1_500.jpg
77 KB, 500x344
>>2296227

yes, its 48 x 108 inches.
>>
>>2297010
It's pretty bad. Practise form
>>
>>2297013
He wants to go to a conceptual school so he doesn't have to. I mean, I think it's pretty dumb to spend 10s of thousands of dollars on a baby-sitting service where he'll learn absolutely nothing but art history minutiae that nobody in the real world except white collar criminals gives a rat's fuck about but whatever.
>>
File: 8.jpg (2 MB, 2738x1189) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
2 MB, 2738x1189
>>2297015
thanks for posting the same info graphic twice in the same thread.

I already know that calarts is the best school for animation, and we have had multiple threads on this board for how to get into cal-arts.

this dosn't happen on lit or mu, not sure why it happens here.
>>
>>2297010
YOU USED TO CALL ME ON MY CELLPHONE
>>
File: Louis CK.jpg (67 KB, 558x750) Image search: [Google]
Louis CK.jpg
67 KB, 558x750
>>2297179
Do you honestly think that picture is about animation specifically? Why is the point of this picture so hard to grasp? Conceptual art schools are unable to confer any tangible improvement in their students' work because conceptual art isn't held to any perceptible standard. If you go to one of these schools your work will not improve in the slightest, you'll just be paying out the ass for a crash course on art history that you could get spending a couple weekends with wikipedia. Don't be a fucking retard, go to a real school and get a job and make your monkey-tier shit art on your own time because school isn't going to change anything.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.