[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is a good tablet upgrade from cheapo Chinese knockoff Huion?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: mVrKUG5.jpg (55 KB, 580x390) Image search: [Google]
mVrKUG5.jpg
55 KB, 580x390
What is a good tablet upgrade from cheapo Chinese knockoff Huion?

Is intuos 3 better or about the same?
>>
>>2292389
>getting this memed by brands

The Huion is fine, what you get for the extra you're paying for Wacom it's nowhere near worth it. Wacom is literally the Apple of tablets at this point.
>>
>>2292805
at least it's guaranteed quality.
>>
i was thinking aswell to get a huion 1060, but dunno if it would better to get an used intuos 4 or pro (i've seen some for 150 bucks)
>>
Daily huion advertisement thread brought to you buy your friends from Shenzhen, China. Opps did I say buy? I totally don't want you to buy our tablets!
>>
>>2293096
don't worry, wacom pays more shills to shitpost in the threads. Hello, by the way.
>>
>>2293120
I bought an intuos 4 medium off ebay and it is definitely not just a meme... I would never buy a new one though too expensive.
>>
Dunno guys. I went from a Intuos 4 to a huion 1060+ pro. I think the huion is actually better. They've mostly resolved their driver problems and the price is fucking ridiculously good for this shit. Buy whatever the fuck you want to buy, but im never going to spend money on wacom again unless im getting a cintiq companion or something. Even then i think id go for the surface book/pro
>>
>>2294938
> I went from a Intuos 4 to a huion 1060+ pro. I think the huion is actually better.
Enjoy your shit nibs and non-rotation pens. You'll never even come close to the naturallness of the wacom art pen

>Even then i think id go for the surface book/pro
Tried the surface book at the microsoft store yesterday, the screen is small as shit. The surface pro has pathetic gpu / no gpu
>>
>>2294938
My only problem with huion is that the drivers still don't work properly for Photoshop cs5 and lose pressure sensitivity every 5 minutes
>>
Okay guys, I have ~300 bucks.
I'm thinking of getting a Medium Intous 4 - 5, or maybe trading in some stuff and then getting a large Intous 5.
I used to have an Intous 4 Pen and Touch but I gave it away because I was frustrated with the small size.
Should I not care about Wacom's name and just go with a Huion product (Huion 1060 Plus)?
I want something that'll last me for at least 3~ years and will have good (as in no lag, no drivers, it just WORKs [with moderate tinkering initially]) compatibility with Clip Studio.
What do you guys have, and are satisfied with?
To me, the most important thing would be HEUG and no stuttering/consistent line sensitivity.
>>
Okay, it's come down to these two options for me.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EN27SHY?tag=quicofnow02-20
which has tilt and touch.
http://www.amazon.com/Wacom-Intuos4-Large-Pen-Tablet/dp/B001TUYU06
which is bigger.
Any recommendations?
>>
>>2295436
B I G G E R
Plus intuos pro/5 has a really fucking shitty cable connector. Mine died on me after only a year. Either way though, unless you're planning to travel a lot and bring your tablet with you, choose the bigger size.
>>
I have a bamboo from wacom and I'm wondering if taping a sheet of paper on it would be good to add friction. I don't like how the stylus glides on the tablet without any resistance. Makes me less accurate.
>>
>>2295475
i think the only con is the nib will wear out faster
i do it though, only way i can draw comfortably on a tablet
>>
>>2293096
>people still believe any companies give a single shit about /ic/

I think we need to step back and appreciate that there are about 13 people on this board.
>>
>>2295901
this isn't /jp/

we have about 90 active daily posters and ~500 lurkers

(sources: data collected myself through observation and downloads)
>>
>>2295928
>90 active daily posters
Seriously, that low? I never realized how slow and little traffic /ic/ got.
>>
File: Trevor-Gardner.jpg (22 KB, 287x219) Image search: [Google]
Trevor-Gardner.jpg
22 KB, 287x219
>>2295931
Well you go to the beginner thread and there is ~100 people on average (right now 102) but not everyone who posted in there is a beginner as some people from the outside step in to help them. Then you got the tumblr promo thread and again, roughly the same number of posters. Not everyone who posts in the tumblr thread is promoting and could just be people passing by. Also lots of people only just post in that thread and don't take part in /ic/ shenanigans. The alt style thread will eventually hit the same number of people.

Now taking the data from various off-site /ic/ groups varies usually around 30-50 people at any given time.

It's slow when it's not American time as most posters are American. The trolling during the day comes from the few neets on the board. Give them your highest regards on keeping /ic/ tradition alive.
>>
Say if budget was not a factor for me. Will having a screen to draw on like a Cintiq compared to an intuos 4 make me a better artist. I'm kind of sick on trying to fit shit on the screen and having to adjust.
>>
>>2295945
Most likely not. Cintiqs and the like are used to ease the process of digital drawing, largely on the inking side. It just makes it easier. I mean, if you've had a regular tablet for years and you still can't adjust, by all means, get a Cintiq if that means you can grind studies and drawings faster to git gud.

Also, a lot of artists I've seen use screen tablets for animation and inking, because of the precision. I've not seen anyone favor or highly recommend them for painting.

>>2295941
Huh, that's a reasonable estimate (and a far more thorough investigation than I expected). It sucks that there's so few active posters. What are the many lurkers even doing? It's not like we've got heavy discussion to read aside from the same "muh sakimi-chan/is loomis a meme/art school is useless" threads repeatedly.
>>
I have a bamboo fun cte-450. ~7 years old (i think?).
What should i upgrade to for casual use? I mess around with flash animation and would like to draw more
>>
>>2292820

I've never had a huion inexplicably stop working, I've never had rat-tailing issues with huion. The only problems I've ever encountered were with the archaic 15th century-ass drivers.

With a bit of tinkering it's totally fine. I've run into far more problems with Wacom.
>>
>>2298480
What kind of problems did you run into?
>>
>>2295955
I've been lurking for a while just reading up what people think/ methods and stuff. I suppose I should get active but it's largely shitposting and trolling. Might help me take it more seriously though, I dunno
>>
>>2294962
>The surface pro has pathetic gpu / no gpu
All art software is cpu-based. Zbrush too.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.