[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just started drawing a couple of weeks ago I was hoping for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: violinistsketch.jpg (36 KB, 610x722) Image search: [Google]
violinistsketch.jpg
36 KB, 610x722
I just started drawing a couple of weeks ago I was hoping for some critique/advice
>>
Draw more, read the sticky, jerk off Loomis
Post in the beginner thread
>>
>>2291395
I'm also super new to 4chan. How do I find this beginner thread youre talking about? and whats a Loomis?
>>
>>2291400
See the thread with the naked dude and the top thread for sticky
>>
>>2291400
press ctr + f
type beginner
>>
>>2291443
thanks
>>
>>2291458
"Loomis" is just short for Andrew Loomis. Loomis made a few good books for helping begginers onto the right track. His name has become a joke here as many people will substitute "read more loomis" or just "LOOMIS" in place of giving a thought out critique, implying that Loomis' books can teach you everything you need to know.
>>
>>2291392
>le check the sticky meme

I'm giving you some advice
>inb4 le spoonfeed me may-may

You might want to learn the face and body proportions. Once you realize those proportions you'll have better skillz, but you might want to polish those skills using picture references, real life references and drawing like a motherfucker.

As some anons stated, you might want to study the books of Andrew Loomis. If you're absolutely new, study the book "Keys to drawing" by Bert Dodson

You'll find those here

https://mega.nz/#F!2RARFaLA!VTiQb6eRXfV4V6mYQ6FJTA

Remember: You need to open the books, do the exercises, practice a lot and focusing on what you're having troubles.
>>
>>2291400
can only find it on here after you delete file 34
>>
>>2292395

>le calling everything a meme meme
>>
This rocks, don't change anything
>>
>>2293431
This is meme.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.