[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I Need help you guys. Well, Not me, but someone close to me,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_9570.jpg (104 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9570.jpg
104 KB, 540x720
I Need help you guys.

Well, Not me, but someone close to me, a good friend needs help, but I know she'll never ask for it. For a while now, she's ben making art, but she gets really depressed and such. she wants to make a career out of art, but lacks the confidence to actually do it. I've been trying to encourage her for months to no avail, but I thought she might take real artists more seriously that someone who doesn't draw. So what should I do? how can I help her? it really hurts to see her so torn about this.

pic related, it's an example of her art.
>>
Loomis.
>>
>>2285971
You and your friend have the resources to learn how to progress. Why don't you use them? How is this not obvious? Literally google search, check the sticky, YouTube.

You're probably bating with that image anyways. And if you don't have the confidence to share your own work online or figure this shit out on your own you're a fucking failure period.
>>
>>228597
Buddy, I keep telling her just that all the time, but she will not listen to me anymore. I keep telling her how successful she COULD Abe if she just puts herself out there! What can I do?
>>
>>2285971

It's nice, evokes sadness in me #Inside_Out

You can tell her to show her pictures somewhere or to send to some artists, or just go to con or a art course. But you can't force someone to progress or to do something, it's their choice (even if you want to get laid and that's the reason why you ask about her art here)

But
"if you don't have the confidence to share your own work online or figure this shit out on your own" then get your shit together mate.
>>
>>2285977
It IS obvious, but apparently it.'a not obvious to her. How can it be MADE obvious, what can I do, what can I tell her? Or does somebody else have to tell her? I don't want to give up.
>>
>>2285989
This is her deviantart.
I legitimately just want her to have more confidence, and be successful. She just needs to put herself out there, but she won't, so I'll try. I feel like real artists telling her things like "it evokes sadness" will sound better than just me saying it, you know?
>>
Here's her deviantart, if anyone's interested. Maybe real artists can help her.

http://ender-sketch.deviantart.com/
>>
File: 1419571710925.jpg (275 KB, 1000x1333) Image search: [Google]
1419571710925.jpg
275 KB, 1000x1333
>>2285971
You can either muddle in the dirt and die or you can improve yourself. It's as simple as that.
>>
>>2285998

I'm not an artist, or I wouldn't call myself this. Just drawing, trying, mate.
>>
>>2285971
Tell "her" to git gud before considering trying to make a career out of it
>>
>>2286026
Motivating as fuck honestly
>>
File: 1447030152389s.jpg (9 KB, 166x250) Image search: [Google]
1447030152389s.jpg
9 KB, 166x250
She's shit. Her colours are okay but it's like she's never seen a real person before.

If she wants to get anywhere with her art, she needs to start over from scratch and work at it every day. She can get to a passable level without doing studies or any of the fundamental stuff we do here, but it will take her longer and will cripple her development in the long term.
>>
>>2286026
>rhyming self with yourself
This has to be bait.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.