[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we decide what the most autist/ic/ drawing/painting program
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2
File: kidspainter-346779-1270518788.jpg (144 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
kidspainter-346779-1270518788.jpg
144 KB, 1024x768
Can we decide what the most autist/ic/ drawing/painting program is once and for all? What do you use? What are the pros/cons? Do you swear by one?
>>
>>2285431
I dunno, I use Photoshop, but I've been using it since before I started drawing digitally. Too lazy to try and learn Painter.
>>
>>2285431

Paint Tool Sai because a lot of Tumblrinas use it.
>>
>>2285884
Sai certainly seems to be what all the M-MOE artists use.
>>
Manga Studio because it's Sai on steroids.
>>
>>2285957
pls explain
>>
>>2285431
Gimp for sure if we're talking autism.

I just use Photoshop. I got Sai and MS5 but I don't care for them.
>>
>>2286478
Anything in particular you don't like about Sai and MS5?
>>
Verve Painter.
>>
>>2285957
And Clip Studio Paint is a direct upgrade to Manga Studio.

(it's the same thing under a new name, but combines more stuff and features from IllustStudio)
>>
>>2286574
No, you stupid faggot.

SM sells several cellsys programs as "Manga Studio" because weebs buy into it. "Manga studio" doesn't fucking exist, the software is called clip studio paint.
>>
i use procreate on my ipad :^)
>>
>>2285431
I use Clip Studio Paint. I'm fairly new to digital drawing but so far it's been a good program. In the past I used SAI as well and CSP seems like a very upgraded version of it as if it were mixed with photoshop. I haven't found any problem with it yet and I'm really liking the flow and how natural the brushes work.
>>
>>2286586
Is that so? Well, I still used Manga Studio EX 4, even if it's a rename or whatever you claim.
So I guess it kinda did exist.
>>
>>2286586
>>2286591
Manga Studio 5 = CSP Pro.
Manga Studio 5 EX = CSP EX.
There is no CSP equivalent for Manga Studio 4 or it's EX version, because CSP didn't exist yet back then.

So yeah, Manga Studio did exist.

Source of the information:
http://my.smithmicro.com/manga-studio-ex-5-compare.html
>>
>>2286598
What part of
>SM sells several cellsys programs as "Manga Studio" because weebs buy into it
do you not get?

MS4 was a program called Comic Studio 4.
>>
>>2286602
>Celsys sells the product as "Comic" Studio in the East
>SM sells the product as "Manga" Studio in the West
The irony.
>>
>>2286602
I don't give a shit if you want to get caught in the semantics of what the fuck the software is called and pretend the other name didn't exist, if it's still all the same product.
>>
>>2286607
>2 different programs
>all the same program
>>
>>2286609
Tell me what's different?
>Manga Studio EX 5 and CLIP STUDIO PAINT EX are the same applications
It even says this on the site.
>>
>>2286610
>And Clip Studio Paint is a direct upgrade to Manga Studio.
>(it's the same thing under a new name, but combines more stuff and features from IllustStudio)
This is what you said, and all of it is wrong. Kindly fuck off now.
>>
>>2286613
>And Clip Studio Paint is a direct upgrade to Manga Studio
Upgrading from Manga Studio EX 4 to CSP (EX), it was literally a direct upgrade.
Think of it as upgrading from Manga Studio EX 4 to Manga Studio EX 5, if it's less confusing that way.
>(it's the same thing under a new name, but combines more stuff and features from IllustStudio)
This is true as well and IllustStudio has been discontinued after its features were added to CSP.
>>
>>2286495
is it any good?
>>
I for one welcome our new Clip Studio Paint overlords
>>
>>2286591
I use SAI, and I don't want to switch to any else until I can draw good pictures with it. I've seen what can be done in SAI, and until I get to that level (see: never), there's no point in switching.
>>
File: uguuu.jpg (2 MB, 1191x1684) Image search: [Google]
uguuu.jpg
2 MB, 1191x1684
>>2285957
manga studio is gods gift to man

never have i kekked so hard

that being said it's just as competent for sketching as sai. believe it or not i actually prefer its blending tool to anything I've tried in any other program. and I use onta's brush set for sai.
>>
anyone e use free software loke mypaint?
>>
I find it weird that people can't seem to decide on the superior program. Like surely there's a clear choice for the purposes of art?
>>
I don't even know what the word autism is supposed to be referring to in this thread. What is even being discussed here?
>>
>>2285884
The users do not make the program friend.
>>
Are there any programs that can emulate traditional media that ISN'T Coral?

I've enjoyed oil paints and pastels but the maintanence cost of the materials plus storing all the work is unmanagable long term.
>>
Since we're on the topic of programs, i just recently found out about this Photoshop CC. What the fuck is this? Is it like a cloud based Photoshop or some tripe?
>>
>>2287888

It's like photoshop, but you send them money every month for the rest of your life
>>
>>2287923
>It's like photoshop, but you send them money every month for the rest of your life
Jesus Christ Adobe, just how much money do you wish to grab? Wasn't the price of the basic products enough?
>>
>>2287927
>inb4 TPB
>>
>>2287927
You pay a monthly fee and get the updates for free so long as you're subscribed. There's no initial fee to buy the program or anything. I think it's better this way honestly, sketch book does a similar thing.
>>
>>2287927
I think it's less of a money grab now frankly. They probably realised they have to offer some kind of online only service to keep with the dem pirates.
>>
>>2287927
I think it's reasonable for student pricing. Updates and no bugs. I'll probably pirate it later when I get tired of paying though.
>>
>>2288597
Torrenting is still a lot more reasonable for student pricing. Unless a company is buying you Photoshop, than you really shouldn't be dumping the cash into it.
>>
>>2290549
The only upside is that with the cloud system you get the updates automatically without having to worry about getting another torrent every time a new version comes out. That slight convenience is really the only selling point, but it's enough.
>>
>autisticest paint program
>no medibang or fire alpaca
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.