[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BunzBon on iFunny
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: PicsArt_11-11-04.43.57.jpg (526 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_11-11-04.43.57.jpg
526 KB, 2048x2048
So /ic/ I drew my friends charecter (left) and I drew my own interpretation of her (right). Then I went about giving him some helpful criticism saying his design was unrealistic. After that he threw a temper tantrum and blocked me.

Do you think I was wrong and that I hurt his feelings or do you believe that his design is flawed?
>>
As a general rule if people arent asking for criticism then dont expect them to react positively to it. Not every single artist out there cares about getting gud. Some are content with wallowing in their own shit for the rest of their lives and there is nothing you can do for them. Sure you can lead a horse to water but you cant make them drink.
>>
>>2281865
Plus, some artists are so hard on themselves that hearing how shit they are from other people just pushes them over the edge. If someone is highly critical of their own work, then I think it's okay for them to only want to hear positive feedback.
>>
>>2281865
This. Not everyone is trying to git gud. Even people talking about how they bought "Keys to Drawing" or reading up "How to Draw" by whoever, don't go on saying another book is better.

A better approach would have been, you showed your character, simply saying "I drew your character" and if they asked "How'd you do that?!" then there you go...
>>
>>2281859
OP is always a massive faggot
>>
>>2281859
Friend's drawing and design are better

You are a faggot
>>
>>2281859
Both are amateurish and I feel you only made a lateral move with your version.

I'm not sure what your criticism was, but if it was founded on his design being unrealistic then maybe you need to reevaluate the goals set out when doing these designs. Obviously it isn't intended to be realistic, and critiquing a stylized image through the lens of realism would be a fallacy.
>>
you sound like a shitty friend
>>
>>2281859
There's no doubt which one I'd rather stick it in, but you are the douche in this case. Go apologize and think about what you did.
>>
For those who keep saying I'm a shitty friend I've already apologized to him over a dozen times but he's just so stubborn and won't let go of it.
>>
>>2281914
Then time is the only factor here. Just give the man(?) some space and don't pester him and if he is a true member of the male gender it will blow over in a week or two.
>>
>>2281919
Thing is it's been over two months.
>>
>>2281924
Well shit.
>>
>>2281931
Yeah oh well :'(
>>
File: ss+(2015-11-11+at+06.55.20).png (84 KB, 308x290) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-11-11+at+06.55.20).png
84 KB, 308x290
>"what kind of fucking name is that"
>google
>ifunny
>tumblr page
>see this

Scrolling down to see FNaF and Undertale shit was the icing on top.
>>
>>2281951
Lmao
>>
i wish /ic/ was actually a board for discussing art, not just masturbating about illustration
>>
>>2281961
Well illustration is a form of art, Anon.
>>
>>2281924
Sounds like either:

A. You were barely friends and he decided he doesn't want to be friends with you after all.

B. You've upset him a lot in the past and this was the last straw.

Also, according to his tumblr, he's 15. So either you shouldn't be making friends with him anyway or you shouldn't be posting here.
>>
i don't fucking care about either of you you're both terrible artists
>>
>>2281924
Sounds like you guys aren't friends any more dude. Time to move on.
>>
File: 1414279947175.png (77 KB, 174x213) Image search: [Google]
1414279947175.png
77 KB, 174x213
OP pissed off some tumblr girl he liked and then she dumped him. Now he's making shitty threads about it on /ic/ even after she blocked him for two months like a complete c/uckold.
>>
>>2282003
>girl

Can you even read?
>>
>>2281859
To be honest I like your friend's drawing better. You've just changed the proportions and made it less original & visually interesting imo.
>>
>>2282020
Its obviously a girl. Stop trying to damage control OP. She doesnt care about you any more and the fact you are still stalking the tumblr even after 2 months is sad. Time to let it go.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.