[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need art guru's!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: Rune World.png (19 KB, 863x632) Image search: [Google]
Rune World.png
19 KB, 863x632
Guys can i have someone make this into a more realistic map, the light blue is an ice region, tan is desert dark green is forest light green is just land, gold white are just accidentally not green, and the black island off to the side needs to be black, thanks for any help!
>>
>>2281537
How much are you paying? If the answer is "nothing", enjoy your ban.
>>
Better to post a way to contact you and the amount you want to pay for it or a range.
>>
>>2281538
>>2281539
>Need art guru's!
>gr8b8m8
Come on guys
>>
>>2281537
how do you expect to create anything when you just pass the buck to others.......
>>
File: asc.png (100 KB, 251x262) Image search: [Google]
asc.png
100 KB, 251x262
>>2281537
Not gonna do it myself OP, because money, but you might want /r/ or reddit for this kind of job if you want it done cheap or for free.

r/worlddrawing is relatively new and probably what you'll get the best results with, but there's probably other art-for-you places around.

the d/ic/ks here don't do the whole acts of 'charity' so you'll save yourself some trouble just skipping over this board completely.
>>
File: art guru's.jpg (41 KB, 863x632) Image search: [Google]
art guru's.jpg
41 KB, 863x632
Here you go OP that'll be $500
>>
>>2281537
>>2281631

Back again. I'm a mapfag and thought I'd also come back and tell you that's not how rivers, mountains, continents and biomes work. Rivers don't split unless it's a delta (or over a very short distance), mountains run in changes that greatly influence the shape of the land (i.e., it's odd they don't make an appearance on other parts of your map). Similarly, most rivers flow from mountains and you'll rarely, even in fantasy, find them popping out of some magic fountain or spring. Lakes rarely ever have more than one exit river but can have pretty much as many entering rivers as you want, just keep in mind that will make the exit river bigger, faster and therefore more straight. That triangley outcropping part at the top of the inland sea* should be more like an island due to erosion and those other pointy parts should also break off into islands and/or be a lot more round. Also to do with islands is that they usually form in chains, not individual circular blobs of land like you have. A couple of your cities* are placed oddly because first and foremost, people need water for animals and food.

Also, you should use a system for colours in your map, there's barely any border between the green and the ocean and that makes for bad readability. Check out https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biome

* Relates to my biggest mapping pet peeve, not using a scale and legend. I don't know if this is the size of Madagascar or Russia and I don't know whether those are cities or notable places.
>>
>>2281537
it's shit, start over from scratch and study actual cartography. looks like something Tolkien might have made in 3rd grade.
>>
Guys its for an rpg and i just wanted it to look more like a satellite photo of a map jeez lol
>>
>>2281537

I need the exposure, I"ll gladly do something if you just credit me in whatever you do.

>>2281538

fuck off not everyone is a poorfag who has to monetize every fucking little thing.
>>
>>2282060
youre missing the point.. its not about monetizing, by you agreeing to help him for free you're denying him the chance to grow as an artist............... drawing maps is a huge part of world building -_-, if there are people like you who pick up his half assed attempts then theres no reason for him to actually strive for quality.

if you were as nice as youre pretending to be youd pretend to be mean, for his sake.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.