[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hardware discussion thread (what to ask your mom for christmas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: images1.jpg (195 KB, 1387x805) Image search: [Google]
images1.jpg
195 KB, 1387x805
hardware discussion thread

(what to ask your mom for christmas edition)

hey guys. so we all know a SSD is badass for browinsg ref and handling large image files (saving, loading, scaling etc).

but what do i need to upgrade in order to be able to more fluently work with large size textured/complex brushes on massive files?

please halp.
>>
probably your cpu, and then gpu

for cpu you want at i3 at least, and i5 preferably and an i7 if youre doing this professionally

i dont know what the amd equivalents of those are so maybe someone else can chime in

and for gpu and general pc building I use this site as a guide:

http://www.logicalincrements.com/
>>
>>2280970
Ram more ham
>>
>>2280970
Wrong board.
>>
>>2280970
>what to ask your mom for christmas edition
no underage allowed
>>
>>2280979

I have an i5 atm. My gpu is a little old though, thanks I'll check the site out.

>>2280983
Dunno man, I have 32gb atm (not the fast 1600hz but 1333hz I think) nonetheless it
s never even remotely fully utilized. At most I seem to have 9-12gb occupied by ps.

>>2280989
no faggot this is the right board. wtf does /g/ know about photoshops hardware requirements for specific digital painting issues.
>>
>>2280997
>I have an i5 atm. My gpu is a little old though, thanks I'll check the site out.

quick search tells me that gpu doesn't seem to matter too much

here's what matters according to people who use ps a lot for photo stuff:

cpu and # cores, 64 bit

PS installed on SSD, and scratch disk set to SSD, files themselves can be on HDD

RAM

gpu last
>>
>>2281033

further reading: https://forums.adobe.com/message/4289204
>>
Just the thread I need. I need to build a pc for digital art and I haven't touched a desktop in 10 years, the specs are hurting my head.

Like it's been mentioned, it's apparently
>CPU>RAM>>>SSD/GPU

However, I don't know what specs I'd need to work with big resolutions in relative comfort. All the build rec's I found are just copypasted gamer builds with top tier GPUs and i7's.

Also, what to look for in a monitor?
>>
>what to ask your mom for christmas
Are you shitting me with this?
I'm a 29 yo man living with his parents, with an M.Sc. in chemistry and no job because apparently academic experience doesn't counts as experience.
My mediocre art skills don't allow me to have confidence, put 100% effort or pursue that path as a career.
I'm stuck with my life, with growing wrist/back pains, panic attacks and declining eye sight.

What do you think I should ask of my mother for this Christmas, an intuos, a job, or a fucking exit bag?
>>
>>2281069

really? holy crap that's depressing. i swear i'm the most whiney poster on this board but in reality i'm not doing bad at all. listen brah atleast know that you are clearly smart as fuck if you got your chemistry masters. that means you've got what it takes to build your own path. don't freak out :|
>>
>>2281069
It's a joke, anon.
You know, because artists are poor.

Maybe you should ask her for a blowjob, you seem tense.
>>
>>2281081
Yea I should ask that to my gf who won't take me seriously until I take a step towards marriage, as if I could go with something like that without a dime or a steady job.
You people don't know how good your lives are.
>>
>>2281085
You should dump her and hook up with your mom, she couldn't make you marry her if she wanted to. Because it's illegal. Because she's your mom.

Plus, she's used to taking care of you.
All the pussy, none of the frills.
>>
>>2280997

how big are your image files in pixels?
>>
>>2281100

6000x9000 sometimes more
>>
>>2281325
Woah. Even if I made a canvas of only 2000 x 5000 Photoshop starts freezing in seconds
>>
>>2281338
Downgrade PS. CS5 works fine for me, the latest version just fills up my scratchdisc after a couple dozen strokes
>>
>>2280970
>pic
>implying showever

I only shower like once every two weeks and nobody's called me out on it yet. You must be willing to sacrifice everything for your art or you'll never make it, family.
>>
>>2281515
>I only shower like once every two weeks and nobody's called me out on it yet
You could have just said you were a virgin
>>
>>2281525
im not
>>
Anyone have a nice printer?

I got an Epson R2000 pigment printer and it's absurdly great. I got it when there was a massive $250 rebate promotion going on, so it wasn't even that expensive. Prints up to 13" wide.

Pic related - printed it out yesterday. The colors and detail are excellent.
>>
>>2281529
I've got one but I need to clean the printheads, order some more ink and buy paper. That shit is NOT cheap but I'm really looking forward to using it.
>>
>>2281530
If you really have the same printer, you buy two full rounds of ink for $46 on Amazon. It's a deal really too good to be true, but it's legit. http://www.amazon.com/Epson-UltraChrome-Hi-Gloss-Cartridges-Printer/dp/B005ISDD80 .

Good luck cleaning your printheads. I heard that can be a real pain in the ass, so I've done everything I could to prevent that.
>>
>>2281525
I'm not a virgin but I am basically impotent so I don't have interest in pursuing a relationship; the only thing I'm really interested in pursuing is a noose, but in the mean time I think I'll work on drawing.
>>
>>2281536
Fug, it's a R3000; thanks for trying to help though.
>>
>>2281540
Floppy-dicked shemales are a fetish of mine, you have great potential.
You'd need to shower, though, ain't nobody going near a 2 week stale ass.
>>
File: 1446880021032.jpg (62 KB, 592x525) Image search: [Google]
1446880021032.jpg
62 KB, 592x525
>>2281542
While my dick may be floppy, I'm pretty masculine to be honest, family. Unless you like hairy muscle men you're out of luck.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.