[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Webcomics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: 1446721718575.png (661 KB, 697x1000) Image search: [Google]
1446721718575.png
661 KB, 697x1000
Whats the best way to start breaking into the webcomic industry?
>>
>>2277483
make something that appeals to a very large, and very autistic fanbase.
>>
Make a webcomic and post it on the internet
>>
>>2277483
get your own website or blogspot and execute your idea page by page like a webcomic
>>
>>2277617
How do I offer ad space?
>>
>>2277500
this basically
>>
>>2277483
You do this: >>2277500 >>2277558 >>2277617

With the idea that it could take months/years to become popular. You're not going to just start a webcomic and be an instant hit overnight. As with 99% of the ones out there it took a lot of hard work, time and sticking with it even when no one gave a shit for them to become popular. People did it because they loved doing it and could care less if people liked it.

>>2278077
This is pointless. If you don't drive a large amount of traffic through the site then no one will buy ad space. You aren't going to be getting decent traffic until people know about the comic, assuming it's worth reading, for a while. I wouldn't even worry about this.

To me it sounds more like you're looking to make a bunch of money in a short amount of time. If that's the case it'd be the wrong way to go about it. Like with any art business, it's going to take a fair amount of time to see a monetary return. If you 've spent months/years making a name for yourself by being skilled and getting fans you can leverage that it into a new venture and have it grow quickly. If you don't have a name for yourself and you're not skilled then you have to spend those months/years gaining a fanbase for the web comic. Or the third option is your a recluse autist and you're art and comic are so fucken amazing people are blown away and it grows like wildfire, but that's doubtful.

Either way you need to put in the time. Make the comic, post them up online with some sort of schedule, promote and repeat until people notice. Like everyone else does.

Good luck.
>>
>>2278910
This is the best advice ive ever been given in my entire life.
>>
How's the webcomic scene looking these days anyway?

I used to be really big into it, I started with all the more or less shitty gaming webcomics like Penny Arcade, CAD, Machall, Applegeeks, and so on, and eventually just read everything available, including weird alternative stuff like Bruno, but I haven't been keeping up in like half a decade at least.
>>
File: 3086.png (146 KB, 800x1160) Image search: [Google]
3086.png
146 KB, 800x1160
Why ask this on a art board when one of the most successful web comic "artist" draw like this
>>
>>2279241
The quality of his art isn't the problem here.

The fact that he didn't improve or significantly change over literally thousands of pages is what makes this so tragic. His first pages were even shittier, he improved a bit, then seems to have reached a point where he's apparently satisfied with the shit he's putting out and stopped trying.

His art is still not as bad as his writing, though.
>>
File: hedeserveseverypenny.png (657 KB, 1035x522) Image search: [Google]
hedeserveseverypenny.png
657 KB, 1035x522
>>2279247
>shit art
>shit writing
>it's earning him nearly 10k a month

Ain't life grand?
>>
>>2279247
Bad writting yet i read every day and i dont know why.
>>
>>2279277
Fuck I would be happy with just $500/month.
>>
>>2279277
Holy shit. His drawing skills are literally that of a mediocre highschooler hobbyist.
>>
>>2279277
Who is he?
>>
>>2279279
Do you have a ~3k pages long webcomic you've been updating consistently for more than a decade?

No?

There's your problem.

Because no matter how shit QC might be, he at least stuck with it.
>>
>>2279280
>>2279278

His writing and art might be shit but he doesn't need to convert millions of people into fans to make money, only a few thousand. He's probably spent years building up a fan base one by one, like >>2279290 said because he kept at it.

He's only now reaping the monetary reward for the effort he put in for years. There's no "get rich quick" path just because you see plebs making bank on patreon. They spent the time to build the fan base, the ones who didn't are probably better skilled and rose quickly based on the appeal of their work.

Either way, beter get to drawing your comic OP. Be consistent and don't give up when nothing happens after 6 months.
>>
File: samemouthsameface.jpg (182 KB, 535x869) Image search: [Google]
samemouthsameface.jpg
182 KB, 535x869
>>2279277
>>2279241
>>2279247
oh god its HIM. i remember i was trying to ask his fans on /ic/ why do they like him for YEARS. and they were answering something like "nice try TRAWL!!", "it's CUTE!!".

I just dont understand. I completely refuse to understand.
There are guys like Genzonman who dont learn and dont change but at least they try to make their art look appealing.
While this pile of shit keep being the same pile shit for years!
1) Same faces
2) SAME OPENED MOUTHS EVERYWHERE
its same mouth in every issue
in every frame
in every character

How. Why. I dont get it. Why so many people like it? Its a shitty story and a shitty art style. How... I refuse.
I dont like how this planet's logic works.
>>
File: samehair.jpg (16 KB, 394x190) Image search: [Google]
samehair.jpg
16 KB, 394x190
>>2279366
oh god i just found another detail.
Look at this hair. this girl and boy have exact same hair that even being colored in an exact same way
>>
>>2279366
People like it because it's about transsexuals.
>>
>>2279371
I think it was originally focused on vidya and only in the last few years has he started catering for them SJW bux. I could be wrong though, all my knowledge of QC is second hand.
>>
Is better a personal site or publish in sites like webtoon or tapastic?
>>
>>2279366
>Its a shitty story and a shitty art style.
Yeah, it's pretty shitty. But that's also kind of why it's popular.

It's fucking safe as hell with bland as shit characters people can self insert as. Even when bad things happen, it's soft. It's not challenging intellectually or emotionally, it doesn't engage a reader on any sort of higher level, it has no fucking depth, and the sad fact is most prefer that kind of fiction.
>>
>>2279367
Don't forget their ears. One just has earrings.
>>
>>2279374
He must have realized the SJW minority supports circlejerk stuff for the sake of it being SJ shit. Now it kinda does make sense why is he successful while having zero technical skills.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.