[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone ever taken a self taught online art course? Was i
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: snow_wall2_comp_12001.png (1 MB, 1200x678) Image search: [Google]
snow_wall2_comp_12001.png
1 MB, 1200x678
Has anyone ever taken a self taught online art course? Was it a total waste of money? I can't do irl art school so I was thinking of registering for this: http://brainstormschool.com/portfolio/mentorship/advanced-mentorship-uninstructed/
>>
That image is made using 3d models and photographs senpai. If you want to compete against that kind of image you need to learn to photobash, so that's what you do. Go on cgpeers and download as many tuts as you can, copy some polish hacks and your good.
>>
Are there any online schools that isn't concept art bullshit god damn.
>>
OP, hope you've read the fine print, you won't be getting feedback from the instructors on this mentorship. You only get the vids and assignments and you're on your own. The point of doing online courses is to actually get feedback from your instructor, and this brainstorm model looks like a gumroad megapack.

If you're really looking for online courses, go for something like CGMA or the likes. I never did any online course/mentorship but my ex girlfriend did a bunch of CGMA courses and I kinda followed along with here. The best part of this is getting feedback from your instructor and actually chatting with him and asking for advice. I haven't learned a lot from the courses she was taking (most of them were foundation and I already have a few years worth of art under my belt) but I'm sure there are useful advanced courses that could provide really useful.
>>
>>2276655
Yeah the no feedback thing definitely sucks but I guess that's why it's so cheap. I'm looking at CGMA now and it seems much more like an actual class so I might go with this. Thanks anon.
>>
I've been doing the self taught lessons at schoolism and they have been extremely valuable to me.
>>
Not a course, but I recently got on New Master's Academy and am really enjoying it so far.
>>
>>2276750
This looks pretty cool. Do they have enough content to keep you busy? Though it looks like if I got a subscription I'd be able to do all the courses.
>>
CGMA is so expensive is there any cheaper equivalent?
>>
Just go to New Masters Academy, you dumb faggots
>>
>>2276771
CGMA isn't that expensive in the grand scheme of things if you have money to burn but don't want to drop like 40k on art school.
I've done 2 terms so far.

Your mileage might vary but for me Dynamic Sketching was a complete fucking waste but the Perspective was so good that it made up for it. I've struggled a TON with perspective and this course taught me everything I need to know about it.

The thing with CGMA is that the lectures aren't that too special compared to the 8 hour gnomon tutorials but what made it is the Q and A's every week along with the critiques. The assignments really motivated me to learn and if you fuck up they WILL tear into you and teach you what to fix.

My biggest issue with CGMA is that if you don't already kind of know some of the material, it speeds up really quickly and it might be hard to keep up.

Whether the 800 bucks is worth it is up to you but me for it I've found my stuff really improved. I'm currently taking an anatomy course with Ron Lemen and I'm unsure if I like it or not it does motivate me to do a fuck ton of studies(this week we're doing heads).
>>
>>2276648
Aaron...
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.