[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /ic/, is it true that non artists never notice any errors
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
So /ic/, is it true that non artists never notice any errors in a drawing as compared to an artist? Go on Deviantart or Tumblr and look at all the drawings and paintings that have tons of errors, but mask then with exceptional rendering skills that none of the fans seem to notice or care about. Am I wasting my time trying to perfect my skill and just deal with the level I am at now?
>>
>>2275976
>I got into drawing because I want people to notice me
>not for the challenge it brings
off yourself perhaps?
>>
People not being able to pin-point ur fuck-ups won't make you any better of an artist.

Everyone can see your figures will look off, but artists can tell what exactly.

If you want to stagnate at your current level u may as well quit drawing.
>>
>>2275981
I see reading comprehension isn't your forte
im not an artist btw
>>
>>2275985
*not a real artist
>>
>>2275986
No need to change your typo if it's true. You are indeed a hack if what you believe is nothing but a waste.
>>
>>2275983

What makes me "sad" about non-artists is how they praise photo copying skills over stylized art or true knowledge of fundamentals.

It's kinda sad to navigate trough art groups and see some amazing artwork with a more simple style but a really good grasp of fundamentals or just something really original receiving 1/4 of the attention a good photo copy of Tony Stark or Cumberbatch receives.
>>
Well I do comissions on conventions and yes, all of my clients are very happy to see their drawing even when I failed something or if the drawing is just "meh". Non drawing person find most art amazing, because they cannot do the same, even the simpliest thing.

It gives a big ego boost but that will not help me improve.
>>
I'll tell you a secret, there's more to art than optically accurate visual representations of things.
>>
>>2275976
this is easily explained with 'muh style' syndrome

>fucks up
>muh style
> :>)
>>
>>2275976
>So /ic/, is it true that non artists never notice any errors in a drawing as compared to an artist?

They don't have trained eyes but they can notice mistakes just not all and they won't be able to tell you how to fix it. Also, decent rendering/detail can really fool most non-artists. Polished turds fool them easily. Double time if it's fanart of something they really like. The real problem is most non-artists aren't harsh on their artist friends and don't want to hurt their feelings. And fans do nothing but suck you off. They will never tell you your work is crap or needs improvement because they already love it, so they are kinda worthless as far as giving critique is concerned.
>>
>>2275976
idk

i've been on DA since 2003, i've seen complete shit and i've seen awesome shit. but i only started drawing about 5 years ago and even though i've still complete shit at it, i can see things that i never noticed before.

though, if someone is good enough with tools, i don't think i could notice.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.