[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Second attempt at my first painting. Still not happy, buy feel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: download.jpg (696 KB, 2160x1920) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
696 KB, 2160x1920
Second attempt at my first painting. Still not happy, buy feel much improved.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-05-18-57-42.png (2 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-05-18-57-42.png
2 MB, 1080x1920
>>
Vast improvement, did you end up doing the under drawing like you said you might?

Everything looks better, the mountain looks more realistic, the perspective on the shorelines looks a ton better, the water reflections and the trees look better too.
>>
>>2275205
Good going OP!
>>
>>2275221
I did a sketch to figure out the perspective, but that disappeared when I put the liquid white on, doh. But I had a good idea of it in my head.
I'm going to keep practising mountains, and start practicing grass.
Thanks for what you said.
>>
>>2275225
>>
>>2275205
How did you design it? It looks very bob ross -ish.
>>
>>2275264
Paint with Kevin YouTube did this one, I took his idea for it, his is really nice.
>>
Shit, the perspective is so much better! Actually everything is! You're like an advice sponge! I wish I could be more like you.
>>
>>2275205
Don't worry anon you'll get it on your third try. Even Bob Ross made three painting before he was finished :)
>>
>>2275303
Thanks anon :)

>>2275305
Third time will be the charm! Can't wait
>>
>>2275205

Vast improvement. You're a natural if that's your second painting. A long road ahead of you, but you've chosen the right hobby.
>>
very good work. the moutain still needs a bit of work, id write à better critique but i cant paint like this.
love
>>
>>2275402
Thanks

>>2275409
I know, really need to figure mountains out. Cheers
>>
>>2275226

In my beginner painting class he has us do the underdrawing with paint instead of pencil. I don't know if this is considered good technique or not but it's certainly a lot easier to see than pencil.
>>
>>2275703
Yeah I've seen a couple YouTube videos doing that. They use a thin burnt umber or something? I'll try that on one of my practice pieces
>>
>>2275205
Your bushes bring it all down, a shame.
Why didn't you do dark base with highlights just like you did for trees?
>>
>>2275781
I forgot, I realised after though. But you live and you learn.
What do you mean about my brushes?
>>
>>2275205
Overall improvement, but the blending on the mountains is too much on your new one. I prefer it on the first, even if the geometry is worse.
Do harder edges and make them slightly irregular/intermittent, to give the illusion of protruding rocks. Basically, Bob "hack" Ross' trick to shade them.
>>
>>2275927
Having every edge in your painting hard looks amateurish. He could put some of the detail back in the mountains but over all the softer edges look better and more realistic. The image is also blurry, so it's making the soft edges more accentuated. It might look better in person.

The siren song of rendering is a plebs game, you don't need everything hard edged render city.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.