[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, I just finished a Survey of the Arts class and for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7
File: IMAG0272.jpg (3 MB, 3024x5376) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0272.jpg
3 MB, 3024x5376
Hey guys, I just finished a Survey of the Arts class and for our final we had to go to the Cantor Art Center at Stanford and recreate a piece of our choice.

I chose to recreate "The Thinker" out of clay.

Pic related, the original artwork my rendition is based upon. Will post my work in a second post.
>>
File: IMAG0288.jpg (4 MB, 3024x5376) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0288.jpg
4 MB, 3024x5376
>>2274708
This is my first ever clay piece, or any piece for that matter. What kind of grade do you guys think I'll get?

the professor is also pretty hot and I don't have a gf.
>>
File: IMAG0287.jpg (3 MB, 3024x5376) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0287.jpg
3 MB, 3024x5376
>>2274710
This is the side view of my art piece.
>>
File: IMAG0289.jpg (4 MB, 5376x3024) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0289.jpg
4 MB, 5376x3024
>>2274712
I made him watch TV! A modern twist!
>>
Thumbnail made me think its was a very detailed sculpture of a hairy gorilla (maybe bigfoot) in the thinker pose, you should do that, and have him, holding a tv remota and banana, you could get a lot of textures in too. Including. Crosshatching on palms and wrinkles on eyes, good job. If you are tryng to bang the teacher, strike up convo about sex (advice from a guy who almost started an affair with a teacher) say " i was going to do a bery beautiful female dancer, but i couldn't capture the eroticism that i wanted, and also the clay was too heavy so it fell apart"
teacher- "oh, haha"
you "yeah i guess it's harder to capture the small details that make an object so special, like the curve a womans lips, the soft droop of her breasts or..."
Teacher "yeah i undestand what you mean"
you "with a man its so much easier you can just hulk on mass and it looks apealing be it a extremly muscular man or a fat man, it just looks allright, the feminen form has things that aren't even elusive, like, i'll notice the small thing that i find stimulating on a woman, but replication thats something thats out of my grasp"
teacher "let me suck your cock"
>>
Op get back to me, i'm super bored and ran out of things to do, i have huge presentation tomorrow and i'm nervous. Tell me more about this class or post pics i'm a Computer science major (to please my parents gunna disapoont them last minute and become a teacher) so i don't... Just went back to re-read your post, i should have read it before i posted anything at all
>>
the back looks like a hill and should be made thinner, it looks haphazard but i want to see it more refined. you have it at a pretty basic level right now
>>
>>2274710
>>2274712
>>2274721

I call it "The Stinker"
>>
Did they not teach you anything? There's no sign of any lessons ins sculpting or anatomy
Sounds like you're in a shitty school m8
>>
File: IMAG0274.jpg (3 MB, 3024x5376) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0274.jpg
3 MB, 3024x5376
>>2274733
Thanks, will do. She is very hot.

>>2274734
The class is just a lecture of art and styles. There was a mandatory field trip to the Cantor Art Center at Stanford University. I had to recreate a piece of my choosing however I wanted. The teacher is pretty hot and I do not have a gf.

>>2275081
>>2275083
Fuck you guys. I worked hard on this and I'm trying to impress the teacher. she is pretty hot and I do not have a gf.
>>
What the fuck, OP.
>>
>>2275125
this. it looks like you spent 30 seconds slapping some clay into the general shape of a man, next comes the part where you ACTUALLY SCULPT and spend at least a dozen hours on this thing.

also
>first sculpture
>chooses to do a master copy of Rodin
>>
>>2275083
He said it's a survey of arts class, that's generally about theory and not practice, and it's possible it's a high school class. at most it's an art class for non-art majors, otherwise he'd be taking Drawing I, 2D Design, and Art History 101.
>>
>>2275298
It's an art class at my community college. The teacher is pretty hot and I don't have a girlfriend.
>>
>>2275513

Yeah that's great and all, but what's the class? Is your teacher a woman? Is she attractive?
Also are you dating anyone?
>>
File: IMAG0271.jpg (4 MB, 3024x5376) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0271.jpg
4 MB, 3024x5376
>>2275540
Survey of the Arts, MUS 100. Yes. Yes. No.

The class is broken into three sections, one for music, one for art, and one for theater. We just finished the art section. Each section has it's own instructor and the art instructor is pretty hot. I want to be able to make sculptures. This impresses the teachers and it is passion. I love the way my teacher does it when sculpting, but only with clay.

We are not allowed to use pastels.
>>
>>2275542

Yeah but is she hot, though?
>>
Yes.
>>
File: 1419879819868.gif (893 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1419879819868.gif
893 KB, 200x150
>>2274733
>>
>>2275546
Yes.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.