[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how legit is sycra's git gud guide?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxZbsLBd3oU
>>
>>2274596
I wouldn't follow anything by a guy who still draws the same way for 10 years with only minor improvements to his workflow. Follow it if you want to be pointychins 2.0.
>>
dude Sycra fucking sucks
>>
>>2274617
He draws much better right now. His style is just ugly
>>
File: aby164R8.jpg (33 KB, 263x350) Image search: [Google]
aby164R8.jpg
33 KB, 263x350
>>2274624
He makes a living, and you don't kid. stay mad.
>>
>>2274596

we know it's you sycra.

rule of the thumb: unless i posted a link, the author himself posted it pretending to be some anon.
>>
Great for beginners. His style is fucking kek/11 though
>>
>>2274649
Prostitutes make a living too, and I don't. Not a reason to be upset.
>>
>>2274649
He actually doesn't. He had to take a part time job and do art on the side.
>>
File: I dont know.png (119 KB, 384x313) Image search: [Google]
I dont know.png
119 KB, 384x313
I like pointy chins. Pretty original honestly.
>>
>>2274596
Man that tiger is horrible, everything else is pretty nice though. I also did enjoy his video on setting up color harmonies so I'd check out his course and give it a go, probably. But wow. Tigers don't have only 3 digits on their paws, wth up with that.
>>
>>2274680
>His style is fucking kek/11 though
I agree, the idea behind pointy chins is cool, but execution is terrible most of the time, he does some pretty cool stuff but ends up only rendering skinny pointy girls
>>
Its good, just remember a lot of the things he says are opinionated and he often changes his ideas on them.
but as a whole, I'd say its a pretty good follow for external advice/learning.
>people hating on his style
to be fair he's being original though and not just blindly copying other people and mashing it together. whether or not the result is good, he's actually applying ideas and foundations to his style as opposed to blindly copying other artists, and in my opinion that is something to be admired.

It does look like shit though.
>>
>>2274624
>>2274617
he bounced me from his chat for saying i wouldn't wear one of his characters clothes. But I still like the dude, I feel bad for the people who subscribe to his patreon. He's a lazy bitch. His youtube videos are sweet tho.
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 358x440) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 358x440
>everyone bashing the tiger
>>
>>2275638
Wow, I didn't see she has literally no torso. She's all leg. She could be done better but still looks fine to me compared to that tiger.
>>
>>2275646
>what is foreshorterning?
>>
>>2275663
Not what he did in that picture, that's _fore_ sure.
Heh, nailed it.
>>
>>2274596
I can absolutely guarantee you that Sycra is better than 95% of the fucking hacks on this board. No one is telling you to mimic his style and anyone here saying you'll somehow magically end up with his style by following his advice probably haven't drawn a day in their fucking lives.

He's a skilled artist (this has absolutely nothing to do with his pointy chin shit, that's 100% taste), his videos are good, his advice is sound and he's got some neat tricks with a slighlty more relaxed way of doing things that you wouldn't get from Proko and the more classically trained types.
>>
Just because you don't like his style doesn't mean he's bad. His tutorials are some of the best on Youtube. That being said, I feel that he's not nearly as good as you would expect from someone who's been drawing as long as he has.
>>
>>2275663
sorry buddy, you lost double jeopardy. what is in the picture is not foreshortening, but a disgusting mess. Your back to 0 points anon, would you like to choose another category?
>>
>>2275672
>better then 95% of this board

95% of this board haven't been drawing for 10 years, let alone one year. Its not hypocritical to call someone out for stagnating as much as Dobson. And its crazy the amount of love hes getting for doing tutorial. I wouldn't expect people to eat out of the hands of someone with so little drive to improve and step out of his comfort zone
>>
File: n.jpg (102 KB, 600x911) Image search: [Google]
n.jpg
102 KB, 600x911
>cherry picking older works in order to say someone's shit

Holy shit Noah Bradley fucking sucks god dammit right guys who would listen to that shitter lul
>>
>>2275646
Some guys want legs that go all the way up, you know?
>>
File: enchant-original.png?w=604.png (286 KB, 229x876) Image search: [Google]
enchant-original.png?w=604.png
286 KB, 229x876
>>2275722
iktf
>>
Truly a master of the arts.
More than a decade of practice really shines through.
>>
>>2275719
That's noah bradley's? Damn I drew better when I was 9.
Tells you that hard work/passion is everything.
>>
>>2275780
Yeah that's his from when he was ~17
>>
>>2275749
could cut diamonds with those chins
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.