[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've spent a long time on Loomis and others and feel like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: CRiOMfGUAAAirRf.jpg (43 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
CRiOMfGUAAAirRf.jpg
43 KB, 600x450
I've spent a long time on Loomis and others and feel like I have a rudimentary grasp on drawing heads. How do I start figure drawing that isn't just drawing what I see but understanding the construction?

Who is the Loomis of figure drawing and how do you keep from getting overwhelmed by learning the construction of every part of the body?
>>
Vilppu
>>
Vilppu
>>
>>2274561
Loomis
>>
>>2274561

Fell for their stupid meme didn't you.
>>
>>2274561
Hampton. Go find his CGMW course and follow through that.
>>
>>2274705
Hampton sucks wiener
>>
>>2274561
It seems youre not really getting it. The construction part is abstract. You can do that in many different ways. The reason you use construction is to have a sense of volume in space and create relationships.
With figure drawing you combine what you see with designing a construction. In the end it's all about the result though.
>>
>>2274673
your one of those guys aren't you
>>2274561
Vilppu. He is a god and one of the holy trinity. you learned loomis to construct heads, you'll learn gesture from vilppu and anatomy and solidity from bridgman. Ignore lazy shit mongers that tell you that you've wasted your time, for they speak out of spite and jealousy. stay true brother, and some day, I'll see your works posted in all the places you aspire to have them posted in
>>
I STARTED WITH VILPPU FUCK
>>
>>2274730
>no reasons stated
>no better alternative said
opinion discarded
>>
>>2274879
He's right you know.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.