[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Colorblind artist
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 300x411) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 300x411
Hey guys I'm really color blind, and I can't tell what colors are being used on Raidens skull suit. If anyone could tell me that would be great.
>>
>>2274152
Blue, Light blue, black, dark blue and for the hair light yellow.
>>
if you're that color blind how do you know there are several colors involved here?
>>
>>2274161
Colors have temperature and value to me and I can tell most of the time when different colors are occurring. Orange and green sometimes are the same color, blue and purple was a huge problem when I was a kid, I paint green people.
>>
>>2274159
Thank you.
>>
>>2274159
>dark blue
that's purple.
are you color blind too?
>>
>>2274238
WAIT SO WHAT DO I USE
>>
>>2274174
>I paint green people.

lol, hang in there~
its purple btw
>>
>>2274152
I'm colorblind too, and what I do is use magic wand tool to locate the highlights, midtones and shades, and use the eyedropper tool to put them on my palette
>>
Every color is very de-saturated, no greater than 10% on average, 30% at max. Hair is light yellow. Direct light is white. Cool Highlight(right side glute) is a bright cyan, around 30% saturation. Warm Highlight(hair) is a -slightly- more orange than yellow, yellow. ~10% saturation. Mid tones (directly below right glute highlight) are a ~20% saturation cobalt blue, 50% luminosity, fading to a 10% saturation, ~70% luminosity on the high side. Darkest tones is pure black.
Hope this is some way helps man. If you'd like, I can post the color wheel with the eye dropper selecting what you want a view on. Good on you man for painting even while having color blindness. Keep at it man, I know you can work around it.
>>
>>2274159
op, i'm curious about your art, would you care to show some of it?
>>
File: 1440701315376.jpg (297 KB, 800x529) Image search: [Google]
1440701315376.jpg
297 KB, 800x529
>>2274152
>>2274174

op, i'm curious about your art, would you care to show some of it?
>>
OP, use gpick
it lets you hover over a color, then if you press space, it adds it to the list, which gives you the name of the color or the name of the nearest color, like "tomato red" (as well as all kinds of info like HSV/HSL/CMYK/RGB/HSY'/...)
>>
>>2278011
>>2278012
intergalaxyman.tumblr.com
the whole kit and kaboodle
>>
>>2274238
It is purplish blue ok?
>>
>>2274174

>I paint green people

Ouch. Although that sounds really interesting. Have you thought about working mainly in greyscale?
>>
Nesskain, i really dig his style and is fun to see a piece with a really warm lighting and suddenly there some green stripes looks cool.

http://nesskain.deviantart.com/
>>
Pretty sure that's not raiden cuz that image is a chick with a nice ass. And I'm not gay I know the difference.
>>
>>2278895
I think coloring should be the least of your worries
>>
In mgs he's wearing bue-is grey.
on this pic he's purplish-grey under cold-blue light.

You know then the light is blue the shadow appears warmer, when the light is warm the shadow is cooler
>>
>>2279292
FUCK YOU MAN,
what do you think I should change?
I think I'm worried about completion, so I try to get as many things done in the shortest amount of time, do you think I should study more or just take more time on each drawing?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.