[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is giving a painting as a gift a good thing? I was thinking of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: monet.jpg (96 KB, 1536x719) Image search: [Google]
monet.jpg
96 KB, 1536x719
Is giving a painting as a gift a good thing? I was thinking of painting something for a qt but I'm not sure if it would be awkward or not. I have no money and she says she likes Monet. It seems really difficult to replicate though.
>>
Its a great idea if you want to be an orbiter
>>
>>2273941
What if she's my gf?
>>
>>2273934

Only if she is your girlfriend or if you're dating exclusively. Have you penetrated her mouth and anus on multiple occassions yet? If not, NO gifts.
>>
>>2273934
If replicating the Monet is difficult why not pait just a lily. A single subject might be easier.
Youre not monet, paint how you paint while trying to emulate Monet style/ color palette.
It will only be as awkward as you make it. I hope you at least know each other. Assuming youre not a total creep.
Good luck anon. Its a lovely thought.
>>
>>2273946
I give my gf sex. Anything else is too materialistic.
>>
>>2273941
this desu senpai
>>
>>2273954

If he intends to get into her pants and haven't done so yet, trying to win her affection by means of art is full neckbeard mode. It's creepy and pathetic. You sound like a woman. Aren't you? Women give awful dating advice.

He needs to be fucking her first before even entertaining the thought of giving her a gift comes into the picture.
>>
>>2273965
You caught me.
And ive seen it happen. Girls love sentimental shit and like to feel special.
Hes thinking of her, and trying to create something catering to her tastes. Its sweet. Sweet gets you at least a pity fuck.
And i as a woman would fuck my bf if he gifted me an art print.
>>
>>2273980

By the tone of the OP, I suspect they aren't dating yet. Who knows if anon has even done some basic flirting with the qt. Giving gifts to your girlfriend (or female FRIEND) is a great idea (especially something like art that's not mainly of monetary value but has some thought behind it like you said) but to a random qt not so much. If she's attractive she is used to be showered with gifts and get a lot of free shit just for the virtue of having a vagina.
>>
>>2274007
We've kissed with tongues and she's been to my house. I guess we are kinda bf/gf but we haven't said it. We haven't fucked yet.
>>
>>2274042

How old are you?
>>
>>2274047
>>
>>2274048
>[sound of crickets intensifies]
>>
>>2274048

Okay. Do what you want, but I wouldn't recommend giving a gift at this point. You're still in the awkard phase where you haven't had sex yet. No sex means no relationship status, unless you're both teenagers or very inexperienced for your age. At 23, if she's reasonably attractive, she probably have someone who is fucking her right now before she has made up your mind about you. You have to seal the deal buddy.
Sorry for not being very romantic but I can promise you everything I say comes from experience.
>>
>should I give a qt X

>you want to fuck her and have yet to do it: no
>you don't want to fuck her, and she likes X: ok
>you're projecting your interest in X onto her because you're an autist: no
>>
>>2274061
Alright, thanks for the advice.
>>
so glad i stumbled on this thread i was thinking about doing the same thing as op >>
>>
It will work depending on how ugly you are.
I've seen guys win girls by giving them portraits of them, just make sure you're friends first or else it will be extremely creppy.
Good luck btw
>>
>>2274226
>It will work depending on how ugly you are.
>I've seen guys win girls by giving them portraits of them, just make sure you're friends first or else it will be extremely creppy.
I understood that as guys winning girls by giving them self-portraits they painted of themselves the first time I read it. It actually sounds more plausible than your version, too.
>>
File: fedora.webm (696 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
fedora.webm
696 KB, 480x270
>>2273962
>I give my gf sex. Anything else is too materialistic.
>>
>>2274239
>fedoras don't look good even on an actor in a fedora commercial
Is there anyone in color this looks good on?
>>
Give the bitch an ear.
>>
>>2274413
This. Quick, Gogh do it now.
>>
>>2273980
Exactly, anon. You're giving advice from the female pov. If OP listened to you, he would be a doormat. That's what women like, but that's not how you get laid! You have sex by having girls beg you for stuff, not by giving unrequested gifts.
>>
>>2274074
think about it anon. A painting is actually a huge gift, if you're decent it's worth about 100$ at least. You wouldn't give 100$ to your "almost girlfriend", would you? Maybe gift her a cute sketch. Bitches love cute stuff.
>>
I would be glad if I read all those advices for not giving a girl a picture before anything happens. But I didn't D: So much wasted energy and time.
>>
>>2275199
I won't give it to her. I'll just wish her happy birthday and keep things casual.
>>
>>2273934
omg when are artists going to learn that art is the worst gift ever. You're bestowing something upon someone, and they're expected to display it>>FOREVER.
They can't give it away, they can't hide it, they can't put it in storage, they have to display it on a fucking wall. If you *HAVE* to give art, try the smallest possible canvas, and if possible, attach it to a card or something with some meaningful words so that they don't HAVE To display it, it can just be another greeting card in their greeting card drawer. And if they want to display it, it'll be a nice little detail on a shelf or etc. Also, if anyone requests bigger, you can take it to a pro and make blow up prints ^^
>>
>>2275442
>largest canvas I could order at the art store
>>
>>2275234
You should get her something though. But something more of a gag gift.
>>
>>2275199

>cute sketch

This is a better idea. make a fucking DOODLE. Its fun, cute and casual.
I was seeing this girl before and I slept in her apartment while she left early to work. Before I left I made an intentionally crappy doodle of a pig in mspaint on her laptop (she has a thing for cute pigs) with a speech bubble saying some silly injoke. She fucking loved it and chased me all week after that.
>>
>>2275442
Wow, this is genius. The only better idea I have is to have the painting up on the wall a few weeks prior.
>>
File: tonyyyy.jpg (127 KB, 650x400) Image search: [Google]
tonyyyy.jpg
127 KB, 650x400
>>2275442
Yeah I'm OP and I was thinking like that. It's like the Sopranos episode where Paulie saves the picture of Tony's portrait and it just rests on his mantelpiece staring at him.
>>
>>2275442
This. You can't give away your art because you think is a good idea. The person should be interesed in your work and give you the idea that would be a good present. Even then its kind of akward.
>>
File: 143184.jpg (189 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
143184.jpg
189 KB, 600x400
>>2274245
Really old men.
>>
>>2276171
Also Indiana Jones.
>>
>>2276171
ain't no fedora
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.