[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
motivation is unreliable, it's too fleeting. nothing is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 1444797546251.png (345 KB, 450x563) Image search: [Google]
1444797546251.png
345 KB, 450x563
motivation is unreliable, it's too fleeting. nothing is better than a disciplined system, a solid routine and pattern.

i'm ready to jump into art, what's the most efficient means of practice that will give me a solid understanding of art?

>inb4 read the sticky
i've read it, i know WHAT to do, i just don't know HOW to do it, and i need help
>>
>>2250795
>i know WHAT to do, i just don't know HOW to do it
what's that supposed to mean. if you actually know what to do, then you can just make a plan yourself.
>>
>>2250795
just draw.
>>
>>2250795
Well it sounds like you don't even know what to do yet, at this point I would suggest looking at different styles and find one that suits your tastes, personalize it, and apply it to what you want to do art is wayyyyyy too broad to say you just want a solid understanding. What do you want to do
>>
>>2250795
>motivation is unreliable, it's too fleeting. nothing is better than a disciplined system, a solid routine and pattern
You're on the right path here.

Learn how the old guys approached drawing and painting, learn perspective basics, go to life drawing classes, draw other stuff from life, think about what story you want to tell the world, study your subjects, draw forms from imagination.

Be your own worst critic and practice every day and try to learn something from it. Good luck newfag.
>>
>>2250806
>e your own worst critic
And quit soon.
>>
>>2250875
your art is shit isn't it.
>>
File: sonic.png (506 KB, 1280x1381) Image search: [Google]
sonic.png
506 KB, 1280x1381
>>2250795

Draw every day. It helps if you take a class at your community college.

If your instructor isn't putting up still life scenes within the add/drop period, then drop the class and find another one.

Combined with the resources here, a good community college/rec center drawing teacher and I would say, realistically, 8 hours of drawing related learning (at least half of which are actually drawing, inking, painting, etc) per DAY you will be surprised at how quickly you progress.

The most important part of this is putting in the drawing mileage, second most important is a good teacher and 3rd is a class to provide structure.

Prologue: DRAW FROM LIFE. Don't stop drawing from imagination though unless it gets in the way of life drawing. But life drawing is more important for a beginner artist. Write down/sketch your ideas and then apply the fundamentals you learned from life drawing to those imagined drawings.

Pic related - it's my work.
>>
File: thinkitover.jpg (247 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
thinkitover.jpg
247 KB, 768x1024
>>2250894
>pic related
the toppest of keks
>>
>>2250899
to be fair there is some solid improvement. mainly on the head and hands
>>
>>2250903
>solid
that's a year's worth of progress tho.
>>
>>2250806

>Good luck newfag.

thanks, time to hate myself due to the disparity between my tastes and my skill
>>
>>2250877
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection
>>
>>2250990
delusional too i see
>>
>>2250795
you don't need help. I used to think I needed help too, it's perfectly natural to feel that way. you don't need help you need practice. in the beginning everything you need to get better is right in front of you because all you need to really do is draw more.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.