[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Comic book/anime anatomy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: gfs_28641_1_2.jpg (57 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
gfs_28641_1_2.jpg
57 KB, 640x480
Whats the best book to learn anatomy in a comic-book/anime style?

I'm looking for a book that is in between comic-book and anime since I think they go well together.

Complete beginner with shity art skill btw.
>>
literally loomis
>>
>>2250344
>anime
>loomis
>cmon now
>>
File: Atmospheres_Sketchbook_2_10.jpg (383 KB, 1280x1889) Image search: [Google]
Atmospheres_Sketchbook_2_10.jpg
383 KB, 1280x1889
>>2250343

Or just do studies of your favorite artists.
>>
>>2250347
If you think all anime artist just fucking draw anime/manga with no understanding of the basics you need to leave

I don't have the file but there's a twitter post where a doujin artist flat out in fucking romanji(plain english) states that Loomis is good study
>>
>>2250359

Loomis doujins where
>>
op here

Loomis???
>>
File: How to draw anime eyes.png (65 KB, 1024x270) Image search: [Google]
How to draw anime eyes.png
65 KB, 1024x270
>>2250347
Don't knock it until you try it.
>>
>>2250362
http://alexhays.com/loomis/
>>
File: westneast.jpg (1 MB, 1760x1303) Image search: [Google]
westneast.jpg
1 MB, 1760x1303
>>2250343
>Whats the best book to learn anatomy in a comic-book/anime style?
>Book

What you need to do is grind fundamentals. Read the sticky. Any "how to" book that isn't focused on the fundamentals of drawing is ultimately worthless. "How to draw" comics or anime books are generally shit. Don't waste your time with them. After you grind fundamentals start looking for artists you like and start studying their shit. Take what you like from their work and leave out what you don't like. Western styles are known more for exaggerating anatomy while eastern styles are known more for simplifying it.
>>
>>2250355
>0033
What?
>>
I remember a video posted here once. It was a Japanese guy talking to the viewers about Loomis and going through the drawings.
>>
For Marvel/DC style and the like, you may want to read Drawing the Marvel Way by Stan Lee and watch David Finch's GNOMON videos.
>>
>>2250355

that looks so badass. where can i get this guys sketchbook?
>>
>>2250465

http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=59317

>>2250469

https://mega.co.nz/#F!nQYWmSJB!cSHMuxOnIcXX6LN8nKF3FQ
>>
>>2250473
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!nQYWmSJB!cSHMuxOnIcXX6LN8nKF3FQ

Not that anon but thanks
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.