[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Probably the wrong place to ask but What's the best way
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: 2951__Photoshop_mac_1.jpg (58 KB, 1172x713) Image search: [Google]
2951__Photoshop_mac_1.jpg
58 KB, 1172x713
Probably the wrong place to ask but

What's the best way to set up Photoshop for your art and workflow? I'm a Sai fag and and have barley used PS for drawing, and I want to organize the UI as best as possible.
>>
>>2249687
only keep those tools open you're actually using
>>
>>2249687

That depends entirely on you and your workflow. Not everybody paints or draws the same.

Do you even have a workflow? Are there a set of steps you use to create a drawing? If so, let that be your jumpoff point. If not, maybe get a workflow before you look to start optimizing your workflow.
>>
>>2249691
Like I said I'm a Sai guy, so I'm used to much more simple tools. I'm wanting to use PS for more paint studies and working with values. Sai has methods for that sure, but PS seems to be a better too from what I can see.

I'm thinking it's just a case of what >>2249689 said and just use what's necessary, but I'm not entirely sure what is and what isn't.
>>
>>2249693
*tool
>>
>>2249691
Just experiment it out.
>>
>>2249693
Set it up like the pic you posted in OP, but get rid of the Adjustments panel on the right (if you need an adjustment layer you can use the circle split in two at the very bottom right of the screen that is between the masks and layer groups). I would also change the sliders to either HSB or LAB instead of RGB, but that is personal preference. I usually open up a navigator window and put it on the right side where the adjustments window is right now, and that way I can always see my image in thumbnail view. Some people like having the brush window out so you can modify brushes on the fly, but I don't bother. I found it was easier to just organize my brushes in a way that I have all that I need at my disposal.
>>
File: sidemess.jpg (270 KB, 1920x1033) Image search: [Google]
sidemess.jpg
270 KB, 1920x1033
>>2249687
It depends. Here is my setup for example, it's a clusterfuck on the right, but I use Tab to temporary hide the cluster while working on certain layers.
>>
>>2249804
a zhuzhu tool user. nice.
>>
>>2249804
fucking garbage. You dont need the brush preset properties open. F5 exists for that and its much more efficient.
>>
>>2250275
Thanks for the tip.
>>
digitial drawing is GAY

G A Y
>>
>>2250437
wow ur such a true arteest
>>
File: Untitled-3.jpg (261 KB, 1300x732) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-3.jpg
261 KB, 1300x732
>>2249687
this is the best way

because i said so
>>
File: Screen Shot 2015-10-14 at 07.12.png (178 KB, 1680x1023) Image search: [Google]
Screen Shot 2015-10-14 at 07.12.png
178 KB, 1680x1023
Still using CS5 here

>>2250275

I use that and the right click menu and ctrl-alt-click & drag (alt-click & drag on Windows I think).
>>
do people pirate CC or is CS6 still the go-to pirate solution?
>>
>>2250625
You can pirate CC 2015 easily
>>
>>2250637

Is it worth?
>>
>>2250638
The way I go about software is why not use the latest. More often than not they get better.
Is not a life changing experience though if that's what you're asking.
>>
>>2250638
CS6 is not very good with line art. Not sure about CC but it's best to look up the features for both.
>>
>>2250717
Perhaps Lazy Nezumi would help with CS6 line art?
>>
Do you need a GPU for 2d painting in photoshop?
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (34 KB, 721x141) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
34 KB, 721x141
>>2250884
A GPU would help. Doesn't have to be a top of the line GPU.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.