[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your honest thoughts on Andy Warhol? He's been
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 251x201) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 251x201
What are your honest thoughts on Andy Warhol? He's been dead for awhile but I guess he still exists in some form.
>>
Talentless attentionwhore hack, just like all his peers.
>>
i can't speak anything to his skill, technique, or development. don't know enough for that. but he started an art movement, influenced a lot of future artists, and lots of people liked his art.

i think that's important enough.
>>
>They don't want to create works of art anymore, they want to dress themselves as one
I blame Warhol and his rockstar artist greed for fame
>>
>>2249699

Well, ISIS is also a movement that has influenced a lot of people. Popularity is a shitty yardstick to measure by.
>>
>>2249695
>>2249699
>>2249700
>>2249701
>>2249701
Okay. I don't think it ever gets that dark to where it becomes about ISIS or a dead man's greed but good andy talk
>>
>>2249677
he's one of the people that destroyed art in america. I recommend you watch a documentry called "Mona Lisa's curse" or something, its about how art changed during 20th century. Theres something about Andy there too
>>
Delivered the final blow to art as ilustration, which is good. Art is about a message, not about how technical or beautiful a painting can be. The message can be beauty and skill, but now it's even more than that, and I belive that to be good.
As an illustrator he sucks as well as most modern art.
>>
>>2249723
Yup. Sending a message is the most important thing in art. It's why we looove watching advertisements, I mean who would want install adblock. Oh yeah don't forget, if it's about sending a message propaganda has got to be on the top of the list, can't think of a more effective message than that.
>>
i'm envious of his fame and success
he was an amazing con artist
>>
>>2249677
I have no idea what he actually did.
My art teachers only showed that painting of a can and said he was a great artist because of it.
>>
>>2249726
you're a retard m8, you should stop posting forever right now.
>>
>>2249992
I'm not your mate.

Have a nice day.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.