[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Drawing Tablet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: tm_1502_z_canvas_r_01.jpg (36 KB, 590x472) Image search: [Google]
tm_1502_z_canvas_r_01.jpg
36 KB, 590x472
Whats the best drawing tablet to use for drawing?

Surface Pro 4, Vaio Z Canvas or Cintiq?
>>
>>2246574
Cintiq
>>
>>2246579
Why anon?
>>
>>2246667
Cause it's the most reliable of those; It's designed for drawing too.
>>
Cintiq tbh
>>
>>2246667
Though cintiq companion is shit. Hopefully they don't fuck up with the new one.
>>
>>2246574
This is the type of post that originally got the tablet ban on /ic. When the shit post muh tablet is better than yur tablet begins, I wish you well(not really) when the rules are enforced.
>>
>ordered a new tablet
>mouse sensitivity slow as fuck
how do I make it go faster? I cant sketch like this

It's a genius i608x
>>
>>2247072
Why would you even buy that
>>
>>2247020
Thread is made to compare specs and what its best used for.
>>
>>2246574
The Surface 4 isn't even out yet...
>>
File: 1272716214250.jpg (69 KB, 295x300) Image search: [Google]
1272716214250.jpg
69 KB, 295x300
yayyy
>>
>>2246988
What about the Companion 2? Unless that's what you were referring to
>>
intuos medium is where it's at, fuck drawing on the screen
>>
>>2246574
I love my graphics tablet. It's a cheap little monoprice, but god fucking damn is it a pain in the ass. The drivers are fucking insanely difficult to get working, and I'm pretty sure mine's broke. I won't recommend it, considering I myself don't know how to fix it once it's not working.
>>
>>2247296
probably because there was some geniusfag a while ago who suggested everyone that they need bigger tablet and need to get that shit

truth is literally 3x3 centimetres is enough
>>
>>2247528
Intous is great if you're a child rapist
>>
>>2248891
wut how does that even
>>
>>2247528
drawing on the screen is awesome but paying the fucking bucks not so much.

>>2248891
i love children.i have an intuos 5m touch.COME HERE KITTY KITTY KIDDIE KIDDIE KITTY
>>
The Surface Pro 1 and 2 use Wacom Technology for the pen.

The new Pro 3 and the soon-to-be released 4 use N-trig pens which uses a single battery and the performance isn't good. Diagonal lines are apparently hard to do. The Surface Pro 3 is not worth getting at all since it overheats to the point of uselessness (throttles badly). Additionally the 3 and 4 use a weird aspect ratio. All of them are light. Pen pressure sensitivity is 1024 for the 4 and 256 for the 3.

The Wacom Cintiq Companion 2 is overpriced (what isn't these days). It's battery life is utter wank but it's capable of being a portable studio given you're near a power point every few hours. Funnily enough I've heard that out of all the Cintiqs it has the best colour quality. The stand that comes with the Companion 2 is piss poor. Also it uses a standard Wacom pen. It weighs quite a bit and the fans are a little loud. It can be put into portrait or landscape with two fans pulling area at different sides. There have been issues with backlight bleeding and a couple of other things but nothing major. Pen pressure is standard for a Wacom.

Bit of a run on sentences hope this helps.
>>
>>2248958
Tried the Surface Pro 4 on Saturday. It seems like the jitter is pretty shitty if you use paint (no software smoothing at all) but I tried it with whatever win10 paint program they were demo-ing with and it had better diagonals than the Yiynova MVP22Uv3 I'm using right now.

It's not perfect but it's good enough for me. And the usability of the device and the form factor as a normal tablet/portable machine makes it much more enticing than the much more expensive cintiqs companions.
>>
>>2248958
The Surface Pro 2 is pretty cool, but a bit small really.
16:9 is not a deal breaker, but makes it a bit restrictive in portrait mode. The 3:2 aspect ratio of Surface Pro 3 & 4 and iPad Pro makes them more like a sheet of paper.
Jitter is an issue with active pens, but is supposedly eliminated with stabilisation software (e.g. Manga Studio, lazy nezumi etc). Surface Pro 4's pen has improved performance, and some other benefits over Wacom like less parallax, better edge accuracy etc. Battery life is supposedly a year.
Yes I've heard the new Cintiq Companion has bad battery life and loud fans. I don't know if there's a fix for that. Perhaps updating to Windows 10, turning down TDP etc.

Bottom line; I think the CC is a bit too expensive given the flaws it has. Surface Pro is pushing the budget but if I see demonstrated good performance in manga studio/photoshop then I'll consider the i5 model. If not, I might consider the iPad Pro with Pencil and Procreate.
>>
>>2249606
Is the Ipad Pro pen actually good? I haven't seen anyone do an edge test with it yet and there's no demo units out.
>>
>>2249610
we don't know for sure yet but early feedback is promising. Look at some youtube vids. Some Disney artists played around with it. Don't know if is has jitter etc.
>>
>>2249614
Those videos aren't that great at demonstrating the technical details. They don't showcase anything that current monitor tablets don't already do with a mixture of software based line smoothing. It's the stuff like edge cases, slow diagonal line tests, parallax effect that really determines how good it is, and those videos don't show any of that.
>>
>>2249614
Kind of lame that they won't have any demo units out until the release date. SP4 demo units are out already and I got to try it before making my decision.
>>
>>2249632
what was your decision?
>>
>>2249634
I pre-ordered it (no money down or CC info required). Going to go back this weekend to do a more thorough test. I saw a review where they talked about downloading paint tool SAI v2 on it (no installation required) and testing via that. I'll try to do some digital inking and see how well it works. I was pretty pleased with my initial tests (basic lines, jitter test, etc).
>>
>>2249634
>>2249640
If my friend is coming along I'll get him to record it.
>>
>>2249641
cool, definitely keen to see some real art demos for it. I hope having a battery powered pen isn't a pain in the ass
>>
>>2246579
Tbh I didn't find cintiq all that special, it still got parallax and it heats up just like any other tablet. Honestly, just get whatever fits your budget.
>>
what's the best and lightest drawing laptop/tablet that I can get for under $250? It has to be able to run manga studio.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.