[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what do you guys think about graffiti art?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Capture.jpg (125 KB, 600x599) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
125 KB, 600x599
what do you guys think about graffiti art?
>>
>>2246191

>grafitti

instahide.exe
>>
>>2246220
>opinions no one cares about blurted out
instacondescendant

>>2246191
OP seriously stop trolling, you're not even doing it right. You might as well be peeing on your own face at this point, that'd probably piss more people off than these threads.
>>
>>2246191
Most is bad art.

On occasion it will be good...much like most art.
>>
Seems like all the great stuff comes out of Germany.

This Alec guy though, I like him. He puts these Monopoly men up in and around Beverly Hills. It's great without having that "gEt iT??" aspect that Banksy beats to death.
>>
Without ever defacing anyone's property, I really enjoy it.
>>
I think it's cool. I used to make stickers, gave them out to friends and such, put some up. Never went past that extent though. I've always liked it though.
>>
>>2246236
I'm not trolling at all
>>
As most things, there is anything from amazing to pure crap.

Check out Swoon, its not graffity but her street art is pretty good.
>>
>>2246191
its not your wall dont deface it.
>>
>>2247848
That's the thing though.
Deal with it. You just gotta.
>>
>>2247848

but it's a boring wall
>>
>>2246271

He asks for permission to get those walls.
No one else can get away with that type of shit in Beverly Fucking Hills unless you have money, he does work with Justin Beiber and Chris Brown too. He's more of a connected artist than he is a actual artist.

There's alot of criticism from the graffiti world vs the Street Art world since doing Graffiti still has many dangerous risks wheras Street Art hipsters can easily waltz about and do some shitty work and get alot of recognition for being artsy fartsy. Street Art Hipsters get jumped by people in the Graffiti scene, since graff writers literally come from the streets, and live up to the name "vandal".

Graff has the gang culture. Street artists are just snobs. Literally white ppl with money to buy overpriced Montana cans.
>>
>>2246191

>Alec Monopoly
>Graffiti Art

That's where you're wrong.
He's a Street Artist, and Graffiti vandals hate the living fuck out of him.

Street Art and Graffiti Art, both vandalism...different scenes that conflict each other. Get it right.
Look up Retna and El Mac. They're actual Graff artists.
>>
File: 1428510330331.jpg (103 KB, 700x772) Image search: [Google]
1428510330331.jpg
103 KB, 700x772
grafitti is a really pathetic art movement. If you think defacing a wall illegally is ok, you're a failure as a human being. Your mentality is stuck at a snot nosed twelve year old getting drunk on a smoke. You are inept.

If it's commissioned, or otherwise legal proper attempt at art, not tagging or writing quotes like a society's failure retard, i don't have a problem with it; Even if it's garbage. I just so happens that such grafitti is rare, and most of it is just bottom feeder mouth breather edgy vandalism. I have more respect for honey boo boo than that.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.