[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Intous 4 or 5
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: intuos4vsintuos5.jpg (53 KB, 424x800) Image search: [Google]
intuos4vsintuos5.jpg
53 KB, 424x800
So I'm planning to buy an intous pro but I'm unsure if I should go for the 4 or the 5.
I've heard that the 5 has a shorter lifespan.
>>
>>2245412
intuos 5 == intuos pro

I have used just intuos 5 on which buttons are hard to press, ask and see about the i4, it might be better in this regard
>>
>>2245412
also, you might want to look here >>2241202
>>
>>2245412
the 5 has better buttons and no bullshit shiny plastic that gets smudgy/sticky without wiping it after every use, still good tho
if you don't plan to use the buttons and glossy plastic isn't a pet peeve of yours, i'd say go with whichever is cheaper that you can get your hands on
>>
>>2245465
>>2245528
I don't care much about the buttons but I'll try to use them.

So the story I heared of the Intous 5's cable getting damaged was anecdotal? Fine enough.

What about the stylus nibs? Do they run out fast? What's a cheap replacement?

>>2245466
Thanks tavarovich.
>>
>>2245541
if either the intous 4 or 5 cable gets damanged, it can be replaced with literally any USB mini cord you have lying around. or do you mean the socket? i have no idea about the socket unfortunately
>>
>>2245412
I'm using an intuos3 for almost 10 years and it works perfectly fine. don't know about 4 and 5.
>>
>>2246059
>>
>>2245541
I've owned both 4 and 5 and theyve both suffered from the same problem with the usb connection getting damaged... Buttons are kinda shitty on both ends intuos 5 more so. If you press it too much in succession it has a habit of not responding and the eventual driver crash. Which is why I started using my keyboard.

In terms of build quality I've heard intuos 3 is by far the best out there, cant verify however.

either or im not sure it matters too much
>>
>>2245543
a place that fixes cell phones will be able to solder in a replacement connector, busted-off usb sockets are their bread and butter
>>
>>2245545
I don't get guys like you, nobody cares about your intuos 3.
Your post has no relevance to the thread what so ever.
>>
>>2245412
>intous

thats not how you spell Huion h610 pro
>>
How many people actually use the buttons?

My keyboard has macro keys so I just have keys bound to new layer & merge layer down, zoom in & zoom out, and increase & decrease brush size. I haven't touched the buttons on my tablet.
>>
>>2248226
>Huion
that's not how you spell Cintiq
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.