[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, currently trying to get into drawing, again. When it comes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: Perspective.jpg (210 KB, 1000x707) Image search: [Google]
Perspective.jpg
210 KB, 1000x707
So, currently trying to get into drawing, again.

When it comes to 2 point perspective drawing, what do you do if you decide that you want to draw outside the two vanishing points you created?
>>
You're FUCKED
>>
>>2239490

If you want to emulate what the human eye normally sees, you shouldn't have your vanishing points on the page.
>>
>>2239509

I've seen drawings that go slightly beyond the vanishing points, though.
>>
>>2239490
You don't want to have both vanishing points on the same paper unless the page is fairly wide or you're working with smaller scale objects. Having vanishing points that are too close together can cause some major distortion which won't look natural.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-10-03-21-18-23.png (741 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-10-03-21-18-23.png
741 KB, 1080x1920
Unless you want shit to look like it's gone thru the warp and back, then you don't want to do that.

Either make your cone of vision larger or dont do it at all
>>
>>2239490
you're supposed to draw near the focal point, which is between the 2 vp's, to reduce the distortion. the thing is: if you want to depict things at near 45º you'll have no problem, but if you need to show things at 80º or something, you'll better choose a 1 point perspective.

unless you're intentionally going for distortion, and in such case, you better know your shit.

my advice: just use any 3d modeling software.
>>
File: 3076579920_dfed48ed_0514.jpg (1 MB, 1431x1000) Image search: [Google]
3076579920_dfed48ed_0514.jpg
1 MB, 1431x1000
The proper way is to just make the cone of vision larger by pushing the vanishing points further back.
If you don't want to do that though what you've gotta do is turn into Kim Jung Gi and warp the perspective so it looks right.
>>
>>2240120
i can explain this better but i'm about to go to sleep. check back tomorrow night and I'll have posted an illustration with my theory on how to do this properly
>>
>>2240132
tie anon
>>
human eyes don't see both vanishing points at the same time unless there is warping occurring , if you do have two on a page be prepared to warp the edges in some fashion either by curving the lines inward or outward keeping in mind that only goes so far.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.