[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Business aid
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
How much would you ask to design and draw a single illustration of a website mascot?
Pic semi-related, it's similar to what I'm asked to do.
>>
How long do you think it'll take? Think $30/hr; you can come down a bit if it's out of their budget.
>>
>>2598866
As far as I can tell, it'll be an 8-10 hour job. And was thinking $200-$250 depending on changes and shit. But the dude was concerned about image rights (like dude, you're not alibaba and you will not print or distribute the image in any sort that generates money, I'm basically selling you an illustration). It kinda made me wonder if I was underchanrging drastically.

The image will not be printed or distributed in merchandise or ads or anything that direclty generates revenue, it's not even gonna be used in labels or tags since the guy is a re-seller not a producer (bikes and skating accessories). All it'll be used for is his to adorn his website, business card and a vinyl cut on his counter.
>>
>>2598912
$100. How could it possibly take you 8 hours?
>>
look into books similar to this one
https://www.amazon.com/Graphic-Artists-Handbook-Pricing-Guidelines/dp/0932102166
hopefully something more recent, it can help you decide on how much to charge depending on what exactly the commissioner wants to do with the image

>>2599632
lot more work goes into designing something specifically for a business to use, akin to logo design
>>
>>2599726
not to mention that they'd be designing it from the ground up instead of just drawing a character directly from some provided reference
>>
>>2598860
This sounds more like a graphic design thing... if it is indeed advertising for their website there are many things to consider; such as target demographic and the goal the illustrations should cater.
>>
>>2600717
if the client got something already in mind is always difficult to make them change their mind, may as well leave this to an illustrator
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.