[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redline/Drawthread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 8
File: Pircing Light2.jpg (31 KB, 346x574) Image search: [Google]
Pircing Light2.jpg
31 KB, 346x574
post what you are working on and others will try and help you out.

I need some general critique before i move to coloring. Design, anatomy, armor etc.
>>
File: 3DFORM.png (164 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
3DFORM.png
164 KB, 1600x1200
Does this look 3-D??

I really just need a yes or a no.
>>
File: Romandude2.png (78 KB, 570x600) Image search: [Google]
Romandude2.png
78 KB, 570x600
>>2594788
If anyone could redline I'd appreciate it.
I'm not exactly sure how to do twisting forms in space when they become more complicated than a cube.

I drew this too, but its base form was a sphere in a cube.

I'd like to know if it looks 3D also.
My biggest problem has been over coming my flat art. I feel like I've gone pretty far form where I was, but I don't know how much I should fixate on 3D forms.

Does anyone know good ways to learn form faster? I've been drawing from life, and it has helped me a lot. Right now I'm going through draw a box for the 2nd time.
>>
>>2594788
no
>>
>>2594795
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EPNYWeEf1U

heads are shapes like anything else
>>
File: test1.jpg (50 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
test1.jpg
50 KB, 1600x1200
So I'm trying to get back into drawing after a really long hiatus, like 5+ years.

This is from imagination... something seems off about it. Any advice is appreciated, or any resources for getting back into art.

Off to practice more.
>>
File: 1468028694618.png (84 KB, 570x600) Image search: [Google]
1468028694618.png
84 KB, 570x600
>>2594795

>>2594885 here, so take this with a grain of salt.

I think mostly, just realigning the left eye would help a lot.
>>
>>2594788
it would if you just had better line control. keep at it.
>>
>>2594666
Why are you fucking making this thread? The last one there were like 7 redlines and 5 of them were unreplied by the owner. There's basically no point.
>>
>>2594907
>Unreplied by the owner
>Implying it's relevant that you get a response for your red line

They probably saw it an say "Awesome!" then worked on whatever fundamental was incorrect.
>>
>>2594666
your pose is in pretty dire straights there man. i get your going for dramatic pose but your left leg is like 1/3 shorter than your right because of the way you positioned him. your linework needs work as well but for you right now id say start working on anatomy or proportions of the figure before anything else. after you get down a good human base try working on the armor itself. the simple shapes you are using lack polish ie they are more blobs than actual forms/pieces of armor. i dont want to discourage you but you have a lot of work to do on this.
>>
>>2594907
why do you care senpai?
>>
>>2594907
its for anyone who wants help and people can help, you not doing anything doesn't help at all so red line or gtfo
>>
File: PircingLight3.jpg (55 KB, 595x685) Image search: [Google]
PircingLight3.jpg
55 KB, 595x685
>>2594915
work on it a bit more
>>
>>2594980
>>2594913
i did 3 redlines last thread. I'm moderately positive the people i made them for didnt see them
>>2594917
i care!

people are just too scared to redline nowadays as anything will get replied by snide comments
>>
>>2594989
oh well sorry then, but when you post a comment like you did it implied anger, i also didnt see the other drawthread so i guess thats my bad
>>
>>2594885
looks descent anatomy wise, just work on linework and actually finish the body, its hard to crit when you only show part :p
>>
Made two redlines/paintovers last thread, only got one response but I don't really mind - it's more like an exercise to affirm/practice my own knowledge
>>
>>2594989
every redline you do is wrong you cuck
>>
File: rl1.jpg (91 KB, 570x600) Image search: [Google]
rl1.jpg
91 KB, 570x600
>>2594795
When drawing a head in perspective, don't forget about your horizon line and the vanishing points it creates. The brow ridge, nose, lips and chin all follow the same VP, so if you keep that in mind, you won't end up with misaligned, out of perspective features like the eyes in your drawing.
>>
File: torsoredline.jpg (132 KB, 608x700) Image search: [Google]
torsoredline.jpg
132 KB, 608x700
>>2594885
Do quick 1-3 minute gesture drawings to warm up and cool down. In between, do longer figure studies (10-20 minutes). Look up anatomy drawings and if you can, get a copy of an anatomy for artists book. Do accurate studies of different parts of the body (muscles/bones) and how they connect together.

tl;dr - pair figure drawing with anatomy studies and do those every day for at least 2 hours.

Come back in 6 months and showoff your new kickass skills.

Figure drawing:
http://artists.pixelovely.com/practice-tools/figure-drawing/

http://www.quickposes.com/gestures/timed

http://reference.sketchdaily.net/en/

Study these: http://anatomyrefs.tumblr.com/
>>
>>2595141
Thanks a lot man.
>>
>>2594885
>>2594890
I really think you need to do some life drawing and practice constructing the objects out of basic shapes.

That red line is far off from how I constructed it.

You should probably put off anatomy and get back into drawing basic shapes to get back into it.

This guy pretty much hit the nail on the head
>>2595141
>>
>>2594998
>>2595393
>>2595408

Thank you all so much. I'm going to try the resources linked.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.