[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone ever use Spectrum Noir markers? How do they stack up to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 19913-2249-3-3ww-l.jpg (123 KB, 459x600) Image search: [Google]
19913-2249-3-3ww-l.jpg
123 KB, 459x600
Anyone ever use Spectrum Noir markers? How do they stack up to Copics or Prismacolors?

You can get a six pack of these for 7.94 at Joann Fabrics (but with a 50% off coupon that seems to be in the ad literally every week), so 1.32 a piece which seems like a good deal.
>>
Worst case scenario is they aren't as good as copics. If you feel its worth a shot, go for it.
>>
>>2593323
Yo where do you get the coupons
>>
File: SBTM_1_sbtm.jpg (39 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
SBTM_1_sbtm.jpg
39 KB, 450x450
Never tried your brand OP, but don't they have those samples on display?

Usually what would make the difference for me is the brushpen which seems to not be equally as interesting on those you mentioned.

The closest thing to a Copic I've come across for cheaper is the Touch by Shin Han art which has a similar brush pen but still, ink quality is not as spectacular as Copic. For experiments/practice however, they're perfect, and about a third of the price.

>2593351

I see those 40 to 50% coupons all the time at my local Michael's here in Canada personally, maybe try their website/flyer?
>>
>>2593323
They have slightly different colors from Copics. In general probably worse, but they are comparatively cheap, so if you are getting into markers getting one or a few sets isn't a bad idea.

Biggest flaw afaik is that they aren't refillable, which in the long run makes copics more affordable if you actually end up using markers a lot.
>>
For me the factor that gives Copic the edge is the longevity and ubiquity of the brand. Markers are an investment and I can be confident that Copic is going to be around to support that investment.
>>
>>2593793
The refillability is what draws a lot of people too
>>
>>2593891
Shinhan and Spectrum Noir are refillable too.
>>
>>2593323
I got the 24 pastel pack, they're quite good but hte only thing about it is that the color on the box are nothing to do with the real colors of the pigments, it can show a light gblue and it is a fucking bright purple
The nib if very confortable anyway
You can totally buy it but don't be surprised by the colors, and make sure you tested all the colors before you use it on a drawing because it can make you angry if it's not the color you wanted
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.