[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Lx J2fy-0Zg Why not?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (64 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
64 KB, 1280x720
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LxJ2fy-0Zg

Why not?
>>
>>2593132
It all depends on how you use it's and what for. There's a reason a lot of people tell you not to start with ref before sketching, it can limit your creativity. Long term for your own personal growth it might be detrimental if all you do is bash without taking the time to draw. If you start with sketches fist then find images to make it work that's probably a better way to work.

Now about the vid, for how cartoony this guy draws the use of photo bash seems like a cop out. Tat's probably my bias against bashing talking, sure it saves him a lot of work for the same relative outcome and if this is just for throw away concept junk (that no one will ever see) then HELL YES bash away. But it seems like he could have quickly painted in the rocks and river if he wanted to.

If this is for finished promo work that'll be blown up and printed on shit at high res then it just looks like crap, in my opinion of course. You have photo level rendering in parts of the background and this ultra cartoony rendering up front. Normies and AD's probably wont care, ultimately it's up to the artists personal taste and how they want their work to be seen.

The realities of deadlines mean everyone should know how to do this type of work but it doesn't have to be the way you do your own personal work, maybe you even paint back into the photos more so the contrast doesn't seem so stark.
Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.