[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
request
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 12
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 192x263) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 192x263
I'm looking to have a tattoo done(around 8 inches tall), but the image I want doesn't exist.
I want an image of a female angel in metal armor, with an hourglass in her hand.
She could either be sitting like the middle right pose, or standing with a spear in her opposite hand.
I don't want to comission an artist before the work is made, because I don't want to pay for something I may hate. If anyone know of an image, or wants to make one, I'd love them forever. I'd be willing to pay for it provided I get to see it first
>>
not that i am proposing that i indulge you in your degenerate attention whoring activities.
>I'd be willing to pay for it provided I get to see it first
what stops you from runing off with my hard labor ?
>>
>>2586089
>i want free shit
sure bro ill get right on it
>>
Why would I pay for something that could turn out complete garbage? I guess you'd just have to trust me. If I wanted to pay ahead of time, I'd go to a real artist who've I've already talked to, not ask random strangers on the internet.
>>2586151
And if I pay first, what stops you from running off with my money? Same question, equally stupid
>>2586170
I'll pay for it if I use it, but why would I pre pay for garbage? I already know an artist who would want me to prepay, and I know her work is good. Thing is, she doesn't charge by the job, she charges by the indivual drawing, meaning I'd have to pay for any I didn't like.
>>
>>2586173
are you also going to pay the tattoo artist after he does it depending on whether you like it or not?
he might run off with your money if you pay him first
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XGAmPRxV48
>>
Hi OP

Let me put this into a nice way for you.

When you pay people money you are paying for their time and services, not related to whether or not you like it. What you are offering here is non guaranteed compensation. No one in the right mind is going to offer to work for you for a possibility of pay.

You walk into a restaurant and you ask for food. Are you going to pay depending on whether or not you like the food after you have eaten it?

That's right.

Fuck off and kill yourself.
>>
Love doesn't pay bills...
You shouldn't pay all upfront. Usually its 50% upfront

And you should just pay the artist you like. He/She. You can ask him/her to some thumbnails and then roughs before final. To see if you like it

Just don't expect anyone to do work for LOVE and maybe money.
>>
>>2586176
A tattoo artist is different. They have an established location and professional license. And yes, it's normal practice not to pay an artist if the botch up the job
>>2586181
I've browsed this board. Most people are already posting requested works for free in things like prompt thread. I'm not paying before I see real work, as most people on this board suck. Do you have a portfolio you can send me? Do you have some sort of assurance that the work will be good and what is agreed upon? I know how to commission a peice of art, and most artist will draw up a contract and a schedule.
>>
File: 101N09048_4BS25.jpg (974 KB, 2000x1094) Image search: [Google]
101N09048_4BS25.jpg
974 KB, 2000x1094
>>2586173
Lmaoooooo

you really think that's how online commissions work? you really think you're going to get something tattoo-able from a 'random stranger on the internet' you're not even paying?
>>
>>2586198
>Do you have a portfolio you can send me?
Most here in fact do. You are not worth my draw-time though.
>>
File: 1444183149018.jpg (66 KB, 500x503) Image search: [Google]
1444183149018.jpg
66 KB, 500x503
>>2586198

>people are drawing things they want to draw for free anyway! they should draw the things I want them to draw for free!

???

>Do you have a portfolio you can send me? Do you have some sort of assurance that the work will be good and what is agreed upon? I know how to commission a peice of art, and most artist will draw up a contract and a schedule.

yeah nigga and most artists charge upfront, at least 50% for big projects and that's being extremely generous if you're a professional and established artist

>I know how to commission a peice of art

do you op

do you
>>
>>2586194
Shirt artwork doesn't pay bills either. I already have someone I could draw up a contract with. But I absolutely refuse to pay ahead of time. More so over the Internet without any looks at prior work. I would consider partial payment provided the artist showed a portfolio of previous work.
>>2586181
If I asked for lobster, and they brought shrimp, I wouldn't fucking pay
If I ask for good art, and you bring shit, I wouldn't fucking pay. It's not like eating the food, because I'm not using bad art. And I've looked around thus board, a lot of it is bad art
>>
No one here would be able to do it. The general skill of this board is at the bottom of the barrel. Everyone that visited this board and became good left this shithole immediately.
>>
>>2586208
I didn't want to say this outright, because this thread is already enough of a hate shitstorm, but that's part of the reason I'm not offering paying up front
>>
File: 1462406803284.jpg (108 KB, 685x600) Image search: [Google]
1462406803284.jpg
108 KB, 685x600
This is a bait thread everybody.
>>
>>2586210
Then leave. There is no way you will get a drawing out of a shitter with a superiority complex. Tattoos are also a specialization that require some special understanding since it needs to look good on a piece of skin and has various limitations. A good tattoo studio will have someone that can draw your requests which is a good idea since that person will know exactly how to deal with tattoos and you will only need to pay for the tattoo at the end.
>>
>>2586206
No one on this board is a professional and established artist. Not without a portfolio to show. And I already stated I'd be willing to pay partial upfront if the drew up a contract and presented a time frame and a portfolio.
And yes. I do know how to commission a peice. Asking strangers on the internet is not what I meant. I know how professional artist work, but no one looking for payed work on 4chan is a proffessional artist
>>
>>2586207
OP you have a severe misunderstanding of how the online commission community works. For a small time job like this you aren't going to have skilled artists tripping over themselves to court you like a princess. You have a vastly inflated self-importance given what you're asking for. Like I get it, nobody wants to get scammed.

But you're expecting:
-Professional level art (Or at least something you can put on your body)
-without paying up front
-as a single time, single order consumer who literally hasn't even included a quote, who is expecting artists to market themselves to him in a 4chan thread
>>
>>2586215
Your an idiot, but thanks for the bump
Not bait, legit looking for work. No one has provided a portfolio, and example of work, asked a single question, or given a time frame of example of contract. It's like talking to a bunch of wannabe artist who expect to be paid like Picasso and want to deliver a caricature. No one has even asked what I'd be willing to pay yet
>>
>>2586219
so youre just getting shitty art tattood on you then? if you dont give a fuck about quality why are you so worried about comissioning an artist with a good reputation?

you can't say you want someone here to do the job then say we all suck and thats why you're not paying up front basically ensuring you don't have to pay because you're trying to get shit artists to do art you don't have to pay for because you think its shit?
>>
>>2586222
go ahead buddy, wow us.
>>
>>2586221
You're the first person who hasn't just bitches about not paying up front. I've commission works before. If someone wants to provide at least an example of a previous work, I'd be willing to talk.
And like I've stated a thousand times already, I'm not paying up front. 90% of people on here draw fucking cartoons. I already have an artist who I could go to, but she's going to make me pay for every draft, and it gets expensive
And you don't have to market yourself. You have to show you aren't some fucking caricature artist expecting to be payed. And a one time commission is fairly straight foreward. Who comes on here looking for commissioned series and commercial work.
>>
Hey op you are better off leaving this thread to die, the moment you started acting all high and mighty and treating people here like idiots you lost your chance to get a reply from anyone with any talent.

So yeah, go fuck yourself and good luck with your tattoo.
>>
>>2586222
Your attitude tells me you got no money.
>>
>>2586224
Got a professional portfolio? No? Then shut the fuck up.
If you read any of this thread, you'd know the reason I'm not paying up front is because I'm not going to use shit art
>>2586229
My current is up to 150$ for an 8 by 6 non color sketch/drawing.
>>
File: 1466715413832.jpg (398 KB, 1360x1584) Image search: [Google]
1466715413832.jpg
398 KB, 1360x1584
>>2586241
>I'm not going to use shit art
>Everyone here is shit
Wat
>>
>>2586237
The very first fucking reply was calling me an attention whore. No one has shown any interest or professionalism. I'm meeting an attitude with the same attitude
>>2586239
Your attitude tells me you've got no skill
>>
>>2586243
I've legit asked for portfolios or examples in like 7 posts. No one has posted a signal fucking picture. If you can't show off your work, chances are you're shit.
>>
>>2586246
>Your attitude tells me you've got no skill
But I have money ;^)
>>
File: 4325346546547657575.jpg (252 KB, 900x671) Image search: [Google]
4325346546547657575.jpg
252 KB, 900x671
>>2586222
>legit looking for work
>4chan
>legit looking for work
100% bait but
>No one has provided a portfolio, and example of work
here is my work)))
>>
>>2586249
You're an idiot. I also have money, that's how I'm getting a tattoo done. I don't need to prove to anyone but the artist that I've got money for it, so fuck off
>>
>>2586246

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin
>>
>>2586254
They're unfinished..... do you have an example of something that's completed?
>>
>>2586258
Yeah, but it keeps my post at the top of the board, so at least there's that. And if I continue to argue with more and more clarifying points ( like asking for portfolios and saying I could pay partially upfront or asking for a contract) I can provide more information for actual prospects
>>
>>2586248
That's because asking someone on /ic/ to post their art is like asking a korean streetwhore to give a discount on the threeway special vacuum.
>>
>>2586262
flash me
>>
>>2586262
They do it all the time! The c in ic stands for critique. If this had just been labeled a prompt thread or some shit like that, there would have been like 5 posts. But the minute people see that there is money, they turn into some kind of snob
>>
>>2586232
Well listen m8, I get being defensive when people get shitty, but when it comes down to it you're being an asshat too. You basically come out saying "You're not good enough for me to pay upfront because I don't want to pay if it's not good enough."

You pick an artist not just on their art and price, but their reputation, reliability, and speed. 150 dollars is a fine enough price for a commissions for a lot of middle-tier artists out there but considering you won't pay your friend for multiple thumbs but in the same way its not just about price for you, its not just about what you're getting paid for the artist. The industry standard is to pay at least half up front, so if most artists had to choose between a guranteed 50 up front 90 dollar commission and a "Ill pay you once I know I like it" 150 dollars commission, they'll choose the former. The majority of people who depend on art for food and shelter won't even humor the idea of being paid AFTER they've handed the art over. Then on top of it, you have an attitude problem that most people who DO take commissions avoid like the fucking plague. You're expecting people to grovel when you're supplying work no one is demanding, when what you're offering isn't exceptional and definitely isn't worth the trouble or risk of considering taking you on as a client.

Had you posted this thread saying "I want to comission an artist for a tattoo so whats the best way of getting the most out of a commission and avoid being scammed?" nobody would have even batted an eyes
>>
>>2586268
>They do it all the time
They do it only in a neutral position in a critique thread. If someone on /ic/ is especially asked to provide their art they will never post it. Hell, /ic/ made a meme of the only guy that ever posted his art after someone asking for it.
>>
File: 1467067238707.jpg (82 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1467067238707.jpg
82 KB, 1280x720
>>2586259
Well, you don't have budget for this anyway, but more important this thread is proof that you're retarded. No one will take a job offer from awful client who think he's some kind of God with shitty 150$.
>>
>>2586261
The only thing you're doing is proving how much of an entitled retard you are, and keeping the thread up so everyone can laugh at you, here's a free bump :^)
>>
>>2586276
I think it RP thread.
>>
>>2586270
Reputation=none, it's a fucking anonymous board
Reliabilty=none, could just take my money and walk
Speed= asked for timeframes, contracts, ect, like 6 times
And no one has proved they are good enough. You know what, fine, I'm a world class chef, but I won't prove I can at least cook an egg until you pay me. I've asked for examples and portfolios. One reply. Until you prove you aren't shit, you are shit.
>>
>>2586089
If you go on artistsnclients.com, you can look through online portfolios then start a commission with and artist that has positive reviews. Pretty much guaranteed. You have to pay them half for their time and pay the rest if you like it. No artist with a brain will do any work for free by the word of some rando on the internet.
>>
>>2586281
You don't realize no one wants to work for a retard though xd, the whole thread is just making fun of you f a m
>>
>>2586281
>Reputation=none, it's a fucking anonymous board
>Reliabilty=none, could just take my money and walk
>could just take my money and walk
I found plot hole.
>"I've commission works before"
And art = food analogy is always shit. You need more intresting twists
>>
>>2586275
Don't have a budget....
Hasn't shown any work.....
Hasn't asked any questions....
Your right, unless I wanted a 150$ caricature. Turns out I don't have the budget for that
I'll tell you what, you provide an example of your work and tell me how much it's worth. That sound fair?
>>2586274
So this board is always stupid? They mocked a guy for showing his work when someone requested it?
>>
>>2586285
This is actually super helpful! Thank you.
>>
Is this guy for fucking real?
How is he not getting that when commissioning a piece you're paying for their time and labour, time and labour today could be spent earning money elsewhere.

And btw OP nobody is posting their work because you are outright saying that even if you DO choose to commission somebody you MAY or MAY NOT pay them depending on how you 'feel' about their time and labour. Are you fucking serious.
>>
>>2586281
>being this fucking dumb
>being this fucking condescending
just gtfo and kill yourself, retard
>>
>>2586289
I showed you my work. Not retarded person already can see overall level of artist :^
>>
>>2586281
Consider that /ic/ is approached by either friends, family, friends of family, etc for the exact same thing you are asking for all the time with the same attitude of "well you're drawing anyway so just whip something up for me because I want you to"
>>
>>2586300
Not him but I can see that you're shit. You didn't even provide a face and hair.
>>
File: 1467390872760.png (439 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
1467390872760.png
439 KB, 750x500
>>2586303
>>
>>2586300
Alright. Then no
My number one reason being it's not finished. I personally wouldn't show off an unfinished work. From the few art classes I've taken I've learned that the face is the hardest to capture realistically, and your work conveniently have no faces
>>
File: 1460217098135.gif (2 MB, 164x275) Image search: [Google]
1460217098135.gif
2 MB, 164x275
This Thread is pure comedy Gold.
>>
File: 2016-07-02 18.12.43.jpg (619 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-02 18.12.43.jpg
619 KB, 1080x1920
Where's my money.
>>
>>2586314
Thank you. I'll give you a hay penny to do it.
This sarcasm is exactly why I wouldn't pay ahead of time. Someone could actually do this shit and expect to get paid
Found a website called custom tattoo design.com
Does everything I've asked for, and provides a 100% money back garuntee. Makes everyone saying no one will do this look like a fucking idiot.
>>
>>2586089
So you're expecting someone to spend hours doing something for you with no promise of payment?
That's not how it works for the rest of the world, why the fuck should it work that way for art.

If someone does the work you need to pay them, if its not exactly how you want it then discuss revisions with the artist. First of all make sure you commisson someone who's art you like.

'im not gonna pay someone even if then do the work'

I've had someone try to do this with a tattoo commission before (even though it was finished and had been approved at every fucking stage), it's a really shitty thing to do and completely devalues someone's work.

If you're worried about it being 'perfect' then talk to the artist about getting multiple revisions if needed and the possibility of paying more for that, you cant just not fucking pay someone though.
>>
You're the worst kind of person and a retard for coming to this board with this request.
'everyone here has shitty art'
No fucking shit. This board is 95% beginners, why would you come here then? Go to a fucking forum and make a job posting or find an artist whos portfolio you can see.
>>
>>2586320
no one SKILLED will do this.
>>
>>2586320
the thing is youll get work riddled with mistakes that could be fix but you dont have the skill nor the point of reference to know how bad it is. Case in point. go look for works on this board which you think are good and then look at their redlines. This is the equivalent of what you will permanently put on your skin.

Know a guy who paid some chick 300/hour to get a tattoo below the level of 30% of ic. You'll do the same.
>>
File: Photoshop_2016-07-02_14-13-42.png (288 KB, 870x838) Image search: [Google]
Photoshop_2016-07-02_14-13-42.png
288 KB, 870x838
>>2586320
Here's a quick example of what I mean, I fixed her jaw, her bridge, the placement of the eyes the nose and the eyebrow. Given more time and using reference like the original artist did. I would've been able to make the tattoo roughly 65% better.

The kicker? I'm not even good enoguh that i'd even CONSIDER taking commissions for something thatll stay on someones body for the rest of their life.

You are literally scarring yourself.

PS: This is taken from one of the best tattoos theyve made in their "gallery" section. Imagine what you'll ACTUALLY get.
>>
>>2586320
>doesn't stop posting dumb statemets
>keeps being this condescending
kill yourself already, tardo
>>
>>2586367
>does redline
>doesn't fix shit
all my keks nosefag, all my keks
>>
>>2586367
I found an artist with fucking phenomenal work whose going to do it for 125$, payment after its done. Styled like this(nor her work, Google imaged for something as an example)
>>
>>2586373
>posts shit tier example
you really are a joke, tardo
>>
>>2586373

But.... this is awful. Is he serious or a troll?
>>
>>2586219
I'm a professional and established artist, but I wouldn't even accept work from a retard like you.
>>
>>2586248
That's because no one is willing to work for you, you fucking moron.
>>
>>2586089
>ITT
>OP wants a tattoo
>From some tattoo artist who they don't want artwork from
>Cause it's not like skin is a different medium
>And possibly requires certain considerations other artists don't think about

>claims to understand commisions but wants to see finished product before paying ANY funds

TL:DR
Op doesn't understand tattoos or commissioning
>>
Ask ask the tattoo artist, they should do it apart of the tattoo payment. Also they should be able to draw what they tattoo. If you don't want to pay for it then don't get a tattoo.... They are on your body forever, pay the extra.
>>
>>2586430
>But.... this is awful.
No it's not
>>
>y-you're all shit and that's why I'm not going to pay you upfront because I might not like it
>still willing to run away and ink said shit drawing in to skin forever

my sides

just pay the tattoo artist and stop cheaping out, tardo

also I hope you realise that your obnoxious behaviour in this thread has totally deterred anyone with a brain who is skilled from taking your commission.
even better is that you're blaming everyone else by "having an attitude first", nobody wants a moody client for a measly $150 (that you MIGHT get. MAYBE). you didn't "win", you just made yourself look awful to everyone ITT. just fyi.
>>
op remember to come back and post what you ended up with
>>
>>2586281
>Until you prove you aren't shit, you are shit.
but OP, you already proved you are a shit client, so go and suck on a dick and tell the dude you are going to pay him 150$ if he didn't like it
>>
>post requesting what is basically free work
>shit-ton of posts arguing
>nobody mentions that these kind of request posts are forbidden

Sure is summery in here
>>
>>2590046
>thinks mods here are even active
>rules
Hello summer friend
>>
>>2586258

Not OP, but that's an interesting quote. Have a relevant one in return.

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." George Bernard Shaw
>>
>>2590311

haha good one
>>
>>2586300
The muscle work on that chest was pretty great, desu

OP is hilarious though.
>>2589945
Please this.
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.