[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
paranoid about publicizing my artwork
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 1436325030646.jpg (111 KB, 533x496) Image search: [Google]
1436325030646.jpg
111 KB, 533x496
how do you guys get over the paranoia of startng an instagram or making a facebook page. part of the reason i do art is because i have a medical condition that makes me socially isolated. i am deathly afraid of people i know and avoid irl finding my artpage and laughing at me. i feel it is better not to try than to try and fail and to be seen as failing.
>>
>>2585396
>paranoia
>medical condition that makes me socially isolated
>deathly afraid of people
Well you sound pretty pathetic, OP. I don't think any amount of advice will really help you or lead you to where you want to be.

But i'll try my luck for the lulz.
You just do it and try to remind yourself that other people's opinions don't feed you, clothe you or keep you alive. Really and truly, other people's thoughts, judgements and criticisms are entirely worthless unless you're some celebrity or pop star.
>>
>>2585402
Do things because you want to do them, not because of what people will think of you. Simple.
>>
File: 1465974507962.png (78 KB, 549x646) Image search: [Google]
1465974507962.png
78 KB, 549x646
welp, i typed out a long thing an accidentally lost it all, hahaha, abriged version:

see a therapist and get medication to help you with this issue if you haven't done so already

use a pen name, don't tell people you draw, if you get good enough to support yourself from art just tell people you work from home doing super boring shit but it pays the bills and you get to chill at home

if someone ever comes over and recognizes your art supplies and gets super pushy to see your work, have some middle of the road milquetoast studies/landscapes/photocopies on hand and present that as your typical work, tell them it's just a hobby and that you do it because it's relaxing. tell them you're super slow and that if you don't like something about a piece you'll redo the whole thing and that it doesn't upset you, as they say, it's more about the journey than the destination. this buys you time/a defense if they ever ask to see what you're currently working on later down the road
>>
>>2585396
You sound so fucked i'd recommend an entire change in life-attitude, like meditating frequently or taking the green pill. But for now i'd say post on the art oriented communities of tumblr/deviant art since there's a pool of bad artwork there already to provide you with buoyancy.
>>
Use Tumblr or something that's relatively anonymous so you don't have to connect it to your real life identity.
>>
>>2585396

Unless all you do is lewd furry or anime stuff, there is 0 reason to be afraid of posting. Even if youre shit or just starting out, if youre posting regularly and making improvements nobody is gonna outright make fun of you, and if they do, fuck them. Youre doing something to improve yourself and your situation and trying to make your goals a reality.
>>
>>2585592
sauce of pic?
>>
Well my problem is that I have this one particular story I've made up and about 60% of what I draw pertains to that; characters, settings, objects, etc. Since most of my art is about this particular story and I don't really want to share it with everyone, it's kind of hard to start on social media when all my other shit is just life drawings and random bullshit.
>>
File: bonermeme.jpg (8 KB, 300x198) Image search: [Google]
bonermeme.jpg
8 KB, 300x198
>>2585592
That roundness and overlapping tho
Sauce, kind sir?
>>
>>2585845

I started a tumblr for this very reason. Its a kick in the backside if I see there have been days without a post or if I've been on one thing too long.
>>
>>2585868
>>2585910
i did nwn
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.