[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to deal with fear of putting yourself out there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1439255931077.jpg (64 KB, 466x750) Image search: [Google]
1439255931077.jpg
64 KB, 466x750
I have been drawing for a while but when it comes to making an instagram or a facebook page I freak out. I have a medical condition that makes me very socially isolated. My greatest fear is that the people who know me irl and know about my condition will find my art pages and mock me. My second greatest fear is that I am not that good and I won't get followers or likes.

How do people get over these fears?
>>
just do it faggot
>>
>>2584884
You gotta give us more context here. What do you draw? The worst people can do is make fun of you but beyond that nobody really cares. Everyone has their own lives to live and insecurities to deal with.

What is this medical condition and why would anyone mock you for it? Are you talking about being autistic or being trans? I know I am going out on a limb here but it's just a vibe I got, because idk why anyone would mock you for a physical medical condition under the context of your art, so I am assuming it's a psychiatric condition.

>My greatest fear is that the people who know me irl and know about my condition will find my art pages and mock me.
>My second greatest fear is that I am not that good and I won't get followers or likes.

Both of these tell me that you're caring way too much about what other people think. You should focus on getting good at whatever you want to do, because at the end of the day you're going to have to do you anyway.
>>
I used to be the same but then I realise that I need to get feedback on my work and the more you do it the less of a fuck you give about people. Do it for you and fuck everyone else.
>>
>>2584884
people dont care as much as u dink lmao xD!!!
>>
>>2584884
alias
>>
>>2584895

im not trans. its a skin condition combined with mental issues that make me act weird in public. a lot of the people i used to know think im a freak so i dont want them fining my online trying to project myself as an artist while knowing that im a loser irl.
>>
>>2584902

its so fucking frightening to think i might be revealing myself. i have huge issues with shame
>>
>>2584884
git gud
>>
>>2584884
People get over these fears by not being a sissy faget.
>>
>>2584884

Have you considered doing what a lot of people are doing, which is getting a pen name?
>>
>>2585400
jesus christ anon nobody is ever going to think that. "he's trying to be cool online when he's a quack in real life!!" says no one ever. Actually, they'll find that you draw and you'll appear more multidimensional and human to them unless you're drawing MLP ponies jacking eachother off or something. If they make fun of you for being mentally ill and kick you down further by making fun of your art, they're shitbags that you don't want in your life anyway.

just draw under a pseudonym, there's billions of artists out there, there's virtually no chance anyone in RL will find you unless you're stupid and tell everyone.
>>
>>2584884
You can overcome this by just fucking doing it
>>
Build some self worth anon. I know it hard as fuck. I'm still working on mine, But it can be a life changer. Also, are you getting professional help with being socially isolated?
>>
>>2585536

this post is as far as it gets with professional help. but thanks fro your support. i hope you get there as well.

>>2585509

truth.

>>2585438

youre right. i might be projecting my own feelings of worthlessness onto others
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.