[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Weight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: kill me.png (207 KB, 1036x946) Image search: [Google]
kill me.png
207 KB, 1036x946
This is a thread for screengrabs from books, tutorials and videos on the subject of "weight" with regards to visual art.

It's a subject I rarely see come up, but is perhaps as valuable a topic as the more ubiquitous perspective, gesture and anatomy. Without a sense of gravity or "weight" in either a drawing, painting or an animation the sense of reality is lost with figures and objects that appear to "float" listlessly amongst their surroundings. In this thread let's discuss this esoteric concept of weight and try and help each other understand it better, and practice utilizing this concept in simple pieces of artwork.
>>
>>2580297
To be honest I don't really think it's something you need to train specifically it's just something to keep in mind as you compose the figure or composition, it should come naturally as you get better at gesture, anatomy, perspective. etc All of these things are training you to see in 3D the better you get, the clearer the picture is in your mind. All that stuff Vilppu says about feeling the pose, the idea is to just imagine yourself doing a pose picture how your weight would be distributed, if you're holding something then where is the centre of balance of the thing you are holding and how is your body reacting in order to accommodate the weight, imagine you're looking at someone else doing the same pose, look in the mirror and observe, take note of how gravity affects clothing etc do anything you can in order to help develop a clearer picture in your mind.
>>
>>2580297
You might like 'Force' by Mike Mattessi.
>>
>>2582853
Seconded, if it's not in the links already up on the board let me know I can provide it.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.