[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm just enrolling to study CS in college. I've given
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: 1464300021000.jpg (29 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
1464300021000.jpg
29 KB, 429x410
I'm just enrolling to study CS in college.

I've given up on being an artists.

It's there a chance I can still make paintings by coding a smart AI to produce such paintings?

It's even possible to do that?

Hell, there's people making garbage on cans, I'm sure It's allowed.
>>
>I'm just enrolling to study CS in college.
Smart choice, art schools are s h i t and a waste of time & money and CS is a good/smart thing to have a masters degree in

>I've given up on being an artists.
Why give up?

>It's there a chance I can still make paintings by coding a smart AI to produce such paintings?
Yes, but you will probably not discover any such coding though if you can't even stick to art, you will probably work doing optimization shit for a shit company and hate yourself though as every person doing those things do it with the same passion artists share with art

>It's even possible to do that?
Yes

>Hell, there's people making garbage on cans, I'm sure It's allowed.
What
>>
File: 1458365515972.jpg (940 KB, 1024x1446) Image search: [Google]
1458365515972.jpg
940 KB, 1024x1446
>>2578238
>It's there a chance I can still make paintings by coding a smart AI to produce such paintings?

Yeah, eventually.

Robutts will eventually make us all obsolete.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuygOYZ1Ngo
>>
File: my drawing.png (332 KB, 639x651) Image search: [Google]
my drawing.png
332 KB, 639x651
>>2578245
because after 12 years of doing art I can only draw like this.

I know the rules, but I just discovered I'm not naturally talented for art.

>how do you know
I took the meyers test, I'm ENTJ.

>huh duh it's pseudoscience
>huh duh it doesn't work
I think it's true.
>>
>>2578254
How old are you? If you enrolling later in life or are you still18/19? And be honest with yourself, you say you've been studying art for 12 years but how often did you draw for those 12 years? Did you just doodle or did you studies? Were you actively trying to improve for 12 years? I highly doubt it.
>>
>>2578282
I lack the passion to do the grunt work to practice fundamentals.

I always wondered why I never improved.

Sure, I like art, but It seems I'm not the type to become an artists.

Let's be honest, some people maybe aren't fitted to be artists.

I only need to play to my natural strenghts.
>>
>>2578282
>this. listen to this OP.

>>2578291
>lack the passion to do the grunt work to practice fundamentals.
>why I never improved.

there's your answer. if you can't even put a pencil to the paper every day, trust me, you won't have the discipline to do anything else either.
>>
>>2578291

You made a thread yesterday with your defeatist attitude. There is already an AI that can paint and it's shit. By the time AI will be on par with humans you will be dead, your children (hopefully you have none) will be dead and your children's children will be dead.

Now delete your thread
>>2578247
yeah and we'll have flying cars by 2015...
>>
>>2578308
>By the time AI will be on par with humans you will be dead.
I am so sorry...
>>
If I'm are istj will I'm ever make it?
>>
Dude, I'm a CS major and I'm still doing art. I'm going to graduate in a year. I managed to learn how to code while still maintaining decent art skills and steadily improving.

I do have less time for it, I'll give you that. Most of my resources are going into learning programming, but I still practice a lot in my free time. That's actually because I like art. So even if my day job isn't art, it doesn't matter.

>>2578254
That's not bad at all but it doesn't seem like you've ventured much outside of the anime style.

>Sure, I like art, but It seems I'm not the type to become an artists.

That's not a good excuse. You've been drawing for 12 years and not improving? The likely explanation is that you have crap practice habits. You can't blame that on your "type". That's the easy excuse to give up before you've even tried.
>>
>>2578308
yeah, I know.
I'm a faggot.

but I though I may talk about Art done by AI.
>>
File: 1452386177750.png (90 KB, 323x438) Image search: [Google]
1452386177750.png
90 KB, 323x438
>>2578254
>this motherfucker

You already have your own thread, there's no need to make another, you autistic sperg.
>>
>>2578318
I promise this is the last thread I make about this.

Wanna talk about computers doing art?
>>
>>2578254
LOL
>>
>>2578323

You know what? I think we got ourselves a fresh new /ic/ meme.

Now I just need to figure out what image of his to associate with the best phrase OP said thus far.
>>
>>2578321
But you're clearly trying to garner sympathy here by telling us about your art woes rather than discussing anything about AI.
>>
>>2578333
yeah, I suffer from blogposting.
sorry.

wanna still talk about AI and art?
>>
>>2578254
yeah, looks like you're not naturally talented, you might as well kill yourself and hope you get reincarnated with better gifts :(
>>
File: 1458855747852.jpg (20 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
1458855747852.jpg
20 KB, 210x240
>>2578254
Your art looks like it came straight out of a mid-late 90's hentai ova but twice as generic.
>>
>>2578336
>wanna still talk about AI and art?

It's too late for that, way too late.
>>
How could a software produce paintings which aren't either totally random or based on maths? (fractals, etc.)

Taking all paintings on the webs, giving a "weight" to each of them by popularity, mixing the best?

> Enjoy your melted Sakimichan paintings with added cats everywhere.

That being said, a software able to do that would be able to accurately predict the success of your art, based on what is popular/trending at the moment.
>>
>>2578475
you could probably get an AI to study a specific style like Sakimichan for example and then just tell it to draw something else like homer simpson

it would be easy to get the robot to think in 3d and create interesting angles, then it's just a matter of rendering the 2d image as a painting.

You would have to do quite a lot of work as the programmer. Figure out how to code the AI to "study" a style, as in find out how it draws the outlines, what kind of colors an artist typically uses, what kind of lighting, what kind of anatomy, etc.
>>
I was going to write a lengthy post to help you OP, until I read your post about your meme personality type. I will give you my perspective as CS graduate and working creative professional.

Computer Science (or any STEM degree) is definitely top tier, provided you actually study hard. It will get you into most places, technical or not. If you are truly passionate about art and personal improvement, you will make time to improve. No excuses. I work 9 hours a day and I still have time to go to night classes and work on personal projects. Even my weekends are reserved for getting good for the most part. So this is definitely possible.

t. redjuicefag, CS graduate and currently full time visual interaction designer
>>
>>2578837
>Figure out how to code the AI to "study" a style, as in find out how it draws the outlines, what kind of colors an artist typically uses, what kind of lighting, what kind of anatomy, etc.
which you can't if you don't know shit about art yourself, unless you plan to let the AI discover everything by itself without any lead
>>
>>2578837
>>2578989
>unless you plan to let the AI discover everything by itself without any lead

General Electric developped an AI linked to a robotic arm which is handled by surgeons and memorizes every moves that the surgeons are making.
It learned the perfect moves through hundred of operations and can now assist surgeons by blocking them when they move the robotic arm even of 1/10 of millimeter too far.
I've been said that it could as well do the surgery by itself, but isn't used for that yet (as far as I know).

So I guess that the problem would rather be creativity, if we put it with an artist for a year it would be able to imitate and mix his works but not to create anything new.

It certainly would be super cool to be assisted by a Robot like that, to render for you for example, or to ink your drawing, and it would do it with the same strokes than you.
>>
>>2578238
Computers can randomly generate faces and recognise basic values already.Just look at the science behind snap chat filters. (search up VOX SNAPCHAT on yt) It seems pretty reasonable to assume that is plausible. Especially if you want the computer to make photo-bashed auto-painted bs.

That being said... Please don't even try, I need a job.
>>
>>2578312

AnimatedJames is an ISTJ personality type. Let that sink in.
>>
I don't think you'll make it in CS either
>>
>>2578254
>I know the rules, but I just discovered I'm not naturally talented for art.
>>how do you know
>I took the meyers test, I'm ENTJ.
funniest thing I've read all day
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.