[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /ic/! I have a little question as a begginer. I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
Hello /ic/! I have a little question as a begginer.

I don't have time to draw but I really want to get good at it. Some friends of mine that draw too told me that, to improve, you just have to draw 15 minutes every day.

Is this true? What can I do to have a drawing habit?
>>
Draw minimum 15 minutes a day but EVERY DAY. Start now. After developing a habit you will eventually start drawing more.

But again - draw EVERY DAY.
>>
>>2568257
Okay, thank you!
>>
>>2568246

Basically what >>2568257 said. You just need to alway have with you a pen and some paper or journal to draw on. This way you'll always manage to find some time to draw, while waiting for the bus or whatever.

That being said, you would progress faster by reading the books suggested in the sticky then applying that knowledge to your daily session, but of course it's a greater investment in effort and time. Anyway first get the habit of drawing everyday, you'll see soon enough if you crave for more or if you're satisfied.
>>
>>2568246
I'd say 30-60 with a fast medium like charcoal
>>
>>2568467
this

if you are going to draw a little because of time constrain use a fast medium, ala kjg
>>
>>2568246
Your friends misspoke, they meant fifteen hours not minutes.
>>
>>2568448
>>2568257
What do I draw?
>>
>>2568790

practice making 3D objects and drawing from life.

When I say 3d I just mean, think about things like perspective, and shape, foreshortening. it sounds like a lot but its all flows together once you get used to it
>>
3 hours minimum if you want to be not garbage tumblr or pixiv "order by date" tier
>>
>>2569415
>pixiv "order by date" tier
W-what
>>
>>2568790

Whatever you like, best to start drawing IRL inanimate objects - simple vase, bottles, mugs, lamp on a table, hairdryer, whatever you'd like really that's near you. It can even be your own hand or feet with shoes on them.

It's good if you could supplement it with some fundamentals like "I want to make things more 3D" and every day study towards that goal IN ADDITION to your life drawings and normal stuff.

If it still will be like 30 minutes per day but every day, you will be golden.
>>
>>2569538
only to be seen by few when sorted by date
>>
>>2568246
OP, you have to know that it takes a long time to get good at drawing. 15 minutes a day is a good amount but it is nothing compared to what professionals put out, and that's usually what we compare ourselves to because all the art we see in every day life has been created by professionals.

With this amount of effort it'll take many years before you can draw anything decent. If you are willing to invest that time and think you can keep going, then go right ahead. It's what I'm doing. Just don't go at it with the expectation that you'll be creating awesome art within a year or two. That's just not realistic.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.