[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My animation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: wichert.jpg (26 KB, 444x444) Image search: [Google]
wichert.jpg
26 KB, 444x444
this is one of my animations i made while having a depression.... any critics?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cfdev3etOg
>>
>>2282500
It's poorly made, you don't even know how to draw a room in 1 point perspective.
Topic is edgy and reeks of highschool.
Whole video instead of being creepy, scary and interesting is just full of badly made gore.
Your "style" is unprofessional and ugly.

It's shit, read sticky.
>>
>>2282500
>Any critics? Thoughts?
>Give your honest view on it
>hurr durr you're just jealous post your work
not this time
>>
>>2282526

>>2282526

That kind of language is not appropriate for critique. You are needlessly aggressive in your words, the points you make feel more like personal attacks than an evaluation of his work. Saying things like this doesn't help anyone. It is discouraging to hear people talk like this, meaning they are probably going to want to avoid critique because they will associate it with personal attacks.

OP. Read the sticky, and study fundamentals. This animation demonstrates a significant lack of understanding with regards to fundamentals.You have a very long way to go but I think you have potential.
>>
>>2282500
pretty cringe but the worst thing about it is the fact you based the plot directly off of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJlYGgSRguE

anyway 4chan is 18+
>>
>>2282500
Fucking Germans
>>
>>2282500
You like David Firth I'd reckon.
>>
>>2282727
I think they mean that if someone was drawing and animating like that he'll be depressed too.
>>
>>2282500
>>2282727

There is nothing to critique on this shit.

Read the sticky
>>
People have mentioned the drawing being bad and it is.
But you also have no concept of timing.
To be an animator, you also have to be a filmmaker. So you need to learn about editing. You should cut more instead of slowly panning around. Panning is fine, but panning in 2D space isn't. It looks bad and it's irritating.
I'd recommend you remake that animation but aim for 1:30, 2 at the most. I think it would be a lot less dull to sit through and it would be a good exercise for you.

Another thing I noticed because I rewatched the first ten seconds is your TV channel switching is annoying.
If I was an animator I'd have light from the TV over him, with the colour changing as he switched the channels. the static noise is the laziest way to signify that, and it's abrasive and unrealistic.

Please don't throw the advice of this thread away because "I'm not trying to make a perfect pixar movie". Aim as high as you can and people will respond. Even with your limited drawing skills you can improve this a great deal.
>>
>>2282737
>18+
>has seen that shitty animation and knows it well enough to think something else is a rip off of it.
>thinks watching TV and flipping through channels is a unique starting point for anything
>>
File: 1438020612972.jpg (77 KB, 705x649) Image search: [Google]
1438020612972.jpg
77 KB, 705x649
"animation"
>>
Felt like i went back in time and was on newgrounds, thanks for the nostalgia trip OP and keep animating and improving.
>>
File: 1437615082295.png (79 KB, 291x343) Image search: [Google]
1437615082295.png
79 KB, 291x343
>>2282500
looks like shit m8 endyourself
>>
>>2282500
>while having a depression
looks like someone got a little too inspired watching david firth videos
>>
>>2283109
it's pretty obvious he took the idea of the tv switching to a show with a guy talking with a funny accent from that video
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.