[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a struggle /ic/. Was wondering if anyone could relate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 236x177) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 236x177
I have a struggle /ic/. Was wondering if anyone could relate or help...
I have crippling anxiety and can't function without prescription medication. It's neccissary for me to hold a job.
But it's really held me back when it comes to art. Before I took the medicine I was full of ideas and always felt creative. Nowadays I struggle for a long time to even come up with a pose I want to draw. If I don't have a reference, I'm sunk, cause I'm left up to my imagination which feels completely non existent.
>>
>>2552138
Watch movies, read books, go outside, listen to music, get a hobby, look at a lot of art and photography. Keep a small notepad with you at all time to quickly jot down an idea or thumbnail if you are ever struck with a brief moment of inspiration before it disappears.
>>
>>2552138

Odd I have anxiety that at times borders on agoraphbia, particularly when I'm in situations where I'm stuck somewhere I can't leave, like work meetings, weddings, lectures, going to the dentist, etc. I deal with it as best I can but even the smallest things can be a huge struggle. Sketching during these things to the extent I can helps take my mind of it and even when I'm out on my own using the right side of my brain I'm able to forget all of those thoughts and the circular anxious thinking and be totally in the moment.

Idk, anon, to me it seems like your problem is more to do with being creative than anxiety. The best way to get over that is just to do it a lot and trust yourself.
>>
How the fuck do you get that bad? Did your parents abuse you? Were you abandoned? Problems like that usually arise in childhood.

Also I'm not surprised that psychiatric drugs are inhibiting your normal brain function.
>>
>>2552138

If the medicine is fucking with your brain functions, there's not much we can do. I hope it will get better in time, I've heard that most people takes over 3 weeks before getting used to this kind of drug.

My own experience with them was weird. I remember thinking that my drawings all looked angrily at me, despite not being drawn angry. I felt like they had a presence and it made me fucking uneasy so I would hid them out of my sight.
>>
>>2552175
My dad was abusive, but the doctor says a lot of it is hereditary. Both of my parents have anxiety problems, but in my it's kicked up to an eleven for some reason. I've undergone psychiatric evaluation, and they found nothing really wrong with me other than being super anxious all the time.
>>
Op, same issue as you in terms of mental illness drugs killing my creativity and motivation. Before I was put on the pills, I was amazing. The more pills they give me, the more my art skill went down. The worse I got in general.

I've been struggling with this bs for 6+ years. I finally realized that I am just on the wrong medication, because my doctor (ex doctor now) is a total dick fuckup who doesn't know shit. I was/am on 4 medications.

The past few months I've been trying to ween myself off the meds with the help of a new doctor. I don't know your situation obviously, but the mental health field is shit and maybe you are not on the right medication?

To be honest, not to sound like a hippie, I started taking natural herbs and crap in place of the pills I'm going off, and I feel a world of a difference and my art skill went up too. The less pills I am on, the more my energy and creativity goes up. I'm not saying for you to stop. Don't. Just talk to your doctors about possibly a medication change or reduction?
>>
I found there to be no hindrance on creativity for me.

Crippling depression since age 9 or so and on prozac for about 3 years now. The only thing that it's done to me is make me tired all day. Other than that my creativity is high but my motivation is pretty low.
>>
Why the fuck do so many Tumblr artists have depression and anxiety?

Do you people have jobs to pay rent? Are you living on scraps and just making ends meat? Seriously. What the hell is so depressing about art? Get a real job or go to school. Do something worthwhile in life.
>>
>>2552530
Where the hell did you get tumblr from in this thread?

The thing is, there are these teens and 20-some kids on tumblr who just crave to be opressed in some kind of way, and somehow they found out that people with mental illness face discrimination and abuse (we do).

So if they get "anxiety" before a test, or sad for a couple days because their friend moved away, they will go around screaming that they have GAD or some form of depression even though it ain't shit.
>>
>>2552537
Or just a lot of people genuinely have mental illnesses. Most people either hide it or you won't come across them talking about it, but it's socially acceptable for artists to be depressed and talk about it, and if you browse tumblr for art then you are likely to come across a few that are depressed.
>>
File: 1464206812757.jpg (24 KB, 480x339) Image search: [Google]
1464206812757.jpg
24 KB, 480x339
>>2552530
It's called creative expression, dad. Y-you wouldn't get it anyway gawd just shut the hell up and leave me alone- everybody just leave me THE FUCK ALONE
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.