[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When is too soon? When is too late?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: Curious_kitten.jpg (78 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Curious_kitten.jpg
78 KB, 800x600
So I went to Japan for a month and did 3 freelance projects for a visual-K store (drawing designs to print on the clothing).

Upon leaving, the owner said he'd like to continue working with me through email, and he gave me the specs for 3 more illustrations he wanted.

I get back to the U.S. and complete the very basic sketches in a week and email him. It was how I was working with him in the store: I'd make the basic sketches, and he'd tell me what changes he'd want and I'd make them, then ink.

I emailed him May 20th and haven't gotten a reply yet. What would be "proper" in terms of emailing him again? I've heard it's normal for people to take a while to respond when it comes to graphic art work??

Also, this business is only ran by him and his wife, and they are both rather old, operating it 6 days a week. So I'm trying to factor that in, too.
>>
Wait another month, after 3 months, it's likely too late. 90 days is when e-mails are auto deleted generally.

Aside from that, do you speak Japanese, anon? How do you do freelance work in Japan and then just come back to U.S.?
>>
Give him another week, do it before July. E-mail errors happen plenty, especially for old people. He might've missed it entirely.

also post you're work
>>
>>2547913
>>2547917
Thank you for the advice. So I guess I could wait another 2 weeks combining these two suggestions?

As for how I got work there...it's kind of a "luck" story. Literally, all I did was walk into the store. The guy liked my outfit and he randomly asked me if I drew and if I had a sketchbook on me he could look at. I showed him, and he wanted me to draw some things for him. I speak very basic Japanese. I attempted to write my email both in Japanese and in English, but I am pretty sure I probably fucked up big time with the Japanese. Though at least I tried? When I was in Japan, barely any westerners even said "thank you" in Japanese or asked if they spoke English.

I had to come back because I am legally only allowed to be out of this country for a month due to being a NEET on SSI. I'd rather no show my art, because 4chan reasons. Sorry.
>>
>>2547926
>letting faggot neet weaboo parasites out of the country

I'm just glad I don't pay taxes either.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.