[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For class i have to create a body of work revolving around fortune
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 20160603_213411.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160603_213411.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
For class i have to create a body of work revolving around fortune cookies, but i cant think of many ideas. If any of you guys have any ideas or things you would like me to draw ill do it. There arent many rules for the project outside of having a fortune cookie somewhere on the piece.
The pic is a reference of what i can draw and has some cookies.
>>
>>2547807
1) That's a retarded assignment.
2) Next time resize your image and rotate it.
3) Does it need to actually have the cookie in the piece? I would take a different approach, and do pieces based on what fortune cookies mean/represent. You can make a list of all the words or ideas you associate with fortune cookies and then base pieces on those themes. For example, here are some things I think of:
-Americanization of culture
-hopes and desires
-opening things
-discovery
-...."in bed"
-modernization of religion/spiritual things
-seeing the future
-chance
-self-fulfilling prophecy
4) if you literally need to have fortune cooking in there, then I would try to take some abstract shapes out of the cookies. They have rather strange forms and depending how you light them I bet you could get some really interesting shadow shapes. Or crumble them and see how that changes things.
>>
Hands opening fortune cookies, gold and jewels fall out.

Geometric reduction of basic fortune cookie shape, add lustrous surface and funky aesthetic values.

Fortune cookies with dark prophetic predictions. Spooky dark and gritty.
>>
>>2547807
photorealistic drawing of a fortunecookie is a go
>>
>>2547807
Someone opening a fortune cookie and reacting to an unusual fortune. Funny, sad, whatever. Have the message relate in some way to the appearance of the person opening it, e.g. a depressed-looking girl getting one that says "Next time just eat it whole and choke!", or a young man on a date getting "Did she tell you about her kids yet?"

[spoiler]these jokes are fucking shit but you get it[/spoiler]
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.