[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
B&W minimalistic scenery
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4
File: 491dd1514df6.jpg (3 MB, 2048x1430) Image search: [Google]
491dd1514df6.jpg
3 MB, 2048x1430
Hey I'm looking for puristic landscape drawings, preferably jungle setting, with alot of depth but without much details

I'm want to learn how I can abstract faraway trees, hills and mountains with only two colors
>>
Two colors? Fuck, but you lose out in a lot of atmospheric depth.

Just by looking at the pic you uploaded, the artist used line weight. More detail in the front, less in the background. Emphasize what is in the foreground.
>>
File: tumblr_o0olubwmT31u6x3h6o1_500.jpg (57 KB, 500x398) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0olubwmT31u6x3h6o1_500.jpg
57 KB, 500x398
>>2544473

yes, but I dont like texturising with crosshatch, so I'm actually looking for little bit cleaner approaches.

not implying pic related is that but b&w forest sceneries are hard to find
>>
>>2544479

Yeah, I was going to ask what did you mean by two colors. Ballpoint could be easier but I don't that's what you want to work with.
Honestly I hate to break it to you, but crosshatch and stippling might be the only two ways to go. The fact that the space between the lines create a tone; the more distance between the lines vs. the less distance and the cloudier it looks.

Did you want to work with grey scale? Or I mean a value scale? You could also try to outline with a thing white outline to keep the shapes in the distance.

You might want to check out terry moore the comic book artist
>>
File: Scan0002.jpg (70 KB, 646x874) Image search: [Google]
Scan0002.jpg
70 KB, 646x874
>>2544484
heres what i have so far

Im curious about treetops and their texture
>>
>>2544493

Hey again. I can only suggest mimicking trees. I like to stipple a bit on the ends. But your project looks good so far, and basically your trees already look like tree.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
>>2545477

Btw found this printed canvas at Lowes. Thought it could help too.
I suggested terry moore earlier because he's the only artist (to my knowledge) that still does black and white comics.
>>
Looks noice
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.