[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
do you workout regularly, /ic/? It worries me a bit that I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
do you workout regularly, /ic/? It worries me a bit that I'm becoming more sedentary, due to college and art studies. Good luck that I don't like garbage food but I don't eat too much, what do you do to stay active and healthy but still progressing with your studies?
Have some good ol' Rockwell.
>>
>>2544160
>do you workout regularly, /ic/?
no, /thread
>>
Yes, actually.

However, my family is prone to cholesterol issues early in life. I know I'm in my mid 20s, but I'd like to live past 50...unlike some family members.
>>
I don't, but I'm starting to try to improve my fitness.

A lot of people underestimate the correlation between physical fitness and mental wellness. For you to be at your best in art, you need to be healthy. I've started with sleeping better and eating better, but I want to work in some exercise to maximize it.

I've been reading a book on willpower lately and it's fascinated me how much of an impact your nutrition and sleep has on your self discipline. If you don't eat well or sleep well, you're far, far less likely to be productive in whatever craft you're pursuing. You're more likely to give up on any given activity earlier than somebody who's checked off those previous two boxes. So the way I see it, by focusing on improving my health, I'm also going to improve my art.
>>
>>2544175
that's what exactly I think, it's incredible how much better you feel when you only had a night of well sleep. Just imagine how'd things goes with healthy meals and exercises combined, you'd be able to still making art at past your 70s. Now I'm looking for some small workouts to do in the morning, cheers for you all!
>>
>>2544195
Look into Focus T25.
>>
I am not \FIT\ but I am lean due to frequent outdoor activity.
I think my wrists will just fall of before I turn 40 because of drawing dirt bikes and so on.
Why do hands have to be so fragile?
>>
>>2544170
You should just stop the high cholesterol diet that your family have. It's not that hard, less saturated fat and more veggies and legumes.
>>
>>2544175
What book?
>>
>>2544160
Yes. I work out for 30 minutes every day to maintain and build muscles. I work with heavy sculpture materials, and I hurt myself a couple times in the past moving that shit around. I decided I needed to start lifting. It has helped a lot. I walk about an hour or two in the evenings to think and daydream. Creative ideas come to me as I walk. Sometimes I figure out technical or structural problems.
>>
I stretch, basic yoga, do kendo sword swings, and hike. I should start running and especially swimming. I feel myself getting heavier instead of lighter. But none of that is for art. My brain is always burning itself up and physical exercise takes the stress away.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.