[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This really isn't art related perfectly but...what keeps
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (57 KB, 311x347) Image search: [Google]
image.png
57 KB, 311x347
This really isn't art related perfectly but...what keeps you awake for those long drawing nights? I can't do coffee as I hate the taste.
>>
>>2533420
>I can't do coffee as I hate the taste.
Coffee's an acquired taste. Buy a decent coffee and force yourself to drink it each day. Put in some milk and sugar to start, and after a couple weeks you will start to enjoy the taste. Eventually you can reduce or even cut out entirely the milk and sugar and then just drink it black.

Otherwise you can drink other caffeinated things like tea or soft drinks.

I sometimes get up and go for a walk too. It usually clears your head and wakes you up a bit plus has the bonus of giving you fresh eyes on your piece when you return.
>>
Try Monster, Rockstar, 5-hour Energy, etc. There's plenty of options besides coffee.
>>
>>2533420
you can also drink milk with sugar, or juices with a bit of alcohol, just to chill. If you need caffeine you can drink energetic drinks but that makes you even more sleepy after the main rush of caffeine kicks in. also chocolate or chocolate milk is good for night
>>
Coffee is one of those things you learn to like, and then never give them up.
Coffee is bitter and a bit sour, so people don't like it. Cofffee is misunderstood.
And as an artist, so are you. Share your feelings with coffee. Fall in love with coffee and love it for its bitterness, for it holds all the taste of this world. Absorb its power.

You can do it, anon. Drink coffee.

Also, a bit more expensive coffee beans are worth it, cheap coffee is just dirt-flavored water.
>>
>>2533420
tobacco cigarrettes
>>
Tea, tea, tea and tea. Also FUCKING EXERCISE.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1457550365753.jpg (101 KB, 843x837) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1457550365753.jpg
101 KB, 843x837
>6 hours of class
>Super tired when I get home
>Light a joint
>Check my unfinished artwork
>Hmm this is not too bad
>Draw for 3 hours with no pauses, enjoying every single second of the night

Blaze it OP
>>
>>2533420
Sucking on my gf boobies for some milk.
>>
>>2533557
Tea
>>2533438
Incorrect
>>
My existential crisis
>>
>>2533426
>>2533438
>>2533443
You do realize you can buy caffeine pills for dirt cheap, right? I wouldn't advocate caffeine to keep you awake to draw, but if you're going to do it there's no reason to get it through overpriced sugar water with 5 cents of caffeine added.

Most caffeine pills are 200mg. A whole can of Monster is 160mg. Be careful not to overdo it, OP.
>>
>>2533641
Nobody wants to take a shitload of caffeine at once. Drinking a coffee gives a small to moderate amount that is spread out as you drink it. Coffee also tastes good.
>>
>>2533420
The weakness I felt at the bottom. I use that feeling to propel myself and continue towards the top.
>>
>>2533645
I love coffee, but the OP obviously does not. Caffeine pills are a cheap substitute if you can't stand the taste or, in my case, worked at an airport, couldn't bring your own past the checkpoint, and the only coffee was $3 a cup. You can also cut a tablet into halves or quarters very easily.

>>2533557 is right anyway. Lots of teas are great (Vanilla Chai is my personal favorite) and exercise is better than any drug.
>>
>>2533657
>exercise meme
You won't get me!
>>
>>2533420
I love coffee, I'm drinking some right now. I prefer tea though. Milk tea drinks are great if you can get them in your area. They have a greater variety of flavors than coffee like fruit and nuts and things. For me caffeine is really the only thing that works and green tea like in the milk tea drinks gives me the best focus for the longest time without a crash.
>>
I pull those drawing allnighters often and I never need anything to keep me awake. I just drink plenty of water and have some music or podcasts playing
>>
>>2533673
Do your gains get affected by the no sleep?
>>
Mate Tea. The best.
>>
>>2533420
What a coincidence op. I just decided to get a coffee maker a few days ago to combat me sleeping by 8pm after work because a full-time job depletes me of all my energy.

At first I didn't like the taste my I got used to it and it's a cheaper and safer option than drinking monster all the time. I'm no coffee otaku but what I found that makes it taste good is the coffee mate mix and brown sugar. Use fresh cold water...I dunno about milk. Lets just say coffee is my new best friend.
>>
yerba mate
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.