[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Boyfriend got me a windows tablet and stylus as a gift so I can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /i/ - Oekaki

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: Venue11Pro_stylus.jpg (52 KB, 600x276) Image search: [Google]
Venue11Pro_stylus.jpg
52 KB, 600x276
Boyfriend got me a windows tablet and stylus as a gift so I can start drawing digitally. Any tips regarding programs/technique/etc for a brand new digital artist? Using autodesk sketchbook for tablet at the moment.
>>
>>465899
>Photoshop Elements 10
This is my most trusted program for art. However, if you don't like that, then I guess I could recommend FireAlpaca.

>OUTLINES ARE YOUR FRIENDS!
I find that sketching out a rough idea of what you want is a good starting point of whether you will continue with the idea or not.

>Don't be a crybaby bitch if someone gives you constructive criticism. They're only trying to help.
AND KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN INSULT AND CC. I knew someone who was like this. I can't seem to move on from this for some reason...
>>
File: 1454031423998.gif (2 MB, 345x259) Image search: [Google]
1454031423998.gif
2 MB, 345x259
if you have windows 10 (or 8), get fresh paint if you're looking for something simple

fresh paint is cool as fuck
>>
>>465899
Since its mostly just using space you could use better: move the taskbar from the bottom to the left.

>programs
Sai and Clipstudio Paint (also marketed as Manga studio 5) are not so CPU and Memory hungry as Photoshop or other programs, which can get laggy or slow on a tablet quickly. If you dont want to buy a programm there are Krita (a bit like a Photoshop clone) and Gimp (standard painttool from Linux systems, there is a lot of guides and alike out there through this).
Dont forget to get the latest drivers and to calibrate the Pen.

>etc
Get an mate or antiglare screen protector, screens can get scratched pretty fast if dont use one, especially when using a pen, also the surface is not so unnatural smooth like the glas before, it actually feels more like drawing on a screenless tablet.
Have a backup on another PC or extrenal harddrive. Tablets get lost or stolen more easily and if anything breaks, you might end up with an replacement without your files, when you bring it for repairs to the shop. Losing all your files pretty much feels horrible ;_;
>>
>>465973
CC is definitely what I need most right now as I'm such a newfag. Lel. Thx mate
>>
>>465899
go to bed and get a job
>>
>>466090
thanks bby
>>
>>466089
>Lel.
I don't see how that was funny, but I guess it's not a problem. Also, why the shorthand "thx"? Honest question.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.