[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just an FYI before I start: This is my first time doing a quest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /i/ - Oekaki

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8
File: SHQ OP.png (27 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
SHQ OP.png
27 KB, 1000x800
Just an FYI before I start:
This is my first time doing a quest like this (I've done a couple quest-type threads on another board, but in a different style), so sometimes my storytelling might be a bit strange (maybe).

Anyway, time for plot:
Beaver City has always been a peaceful little mountain town, so when the virus hit, nobody knew how to react. The undead walked the streets and countless citizens were consumed by the infected, unable to react in time to prevent the horde from devouring their flesh. Now, two days later, the town is chock-full of zombies and nearly impossible to escape. Those who survived have found shelter in parts of the city and scrounge for supplies when they can, hoping that rescue will arrive shortly.
>>
File: genders.png (15 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
genders.png
15 KB, 800x800
>>463233
Oh yeah, and would you guys prefer a male or female character? Sometimes I'll go for majority vote with these things, other times I'll just go with the first thing posted.
>>
Let's get a female character !
>>
>>463238
you allways want female characters, /i/.
>>
>>463239
Fine, lets compromise, cute male.
>>
>>463240
>cute male
FUJOSHI!

Im fine with both to be honest.
>>
File: stories.png (57 KB, 1337x800) Image search: [Google]
stories.png
57 KB, 1337x800
>>463240
All right, your character is a (cute) male (sorry for the lateness with the post, I got caught up in a game). Now, there are a few scenarios for this quest. You can always choose a new one when you die in another.

Survivor (HARD MODE)-
You're a survivor in the middle of this disaster. Your phone's dead, you're out of the meager supplies from your apartment, you have no survival training and you have nothing to defend yourself with. You'll have to rely on your wits and luck in this situation, but you're sure that you'll be greatly rewarded when this is all over. Your goal is to survive, escape, or figure out the source of this problem and shut it down for good.

Policeman (MEDIUM-HARD MODE)-
You're a member of Beaver City's police department. The small group of survivors that you saved succumbed to the virus and you were forced to flee HQ with meager supplies and equipment. You have the basic training given to you by the department, a 9mm handgun, a knife, a day's worth of supplies, and a few other useful things. Your goal is to save as many people as possible or solve this problem by attempting to search for its root.

Sneak (MEDIUM-EASY MODE)-
You're a thief hired by a wealthy individual to infiltrate a lab underneath Beaver City and bring back a sample of the rumored "next strand" of the existing virus. You aren't sure how your employer knew that this was going to happen, but you aren't payed to ask questions. You're equipped with a sword, a silenced pistol, supplies to last you the duration of your mission, and your superior training. Your goal is to retrieve the sample and deliver it to a designated location (or you could take it for yourself and see what you can sell it for, it could just make you rich).

Bad Guy (EASY MODE)-
You're a trained killer working for the organization that started this mess. You're given free reign as to what your supplies are. Your mission is to wipe out any and all survivors (or you could always turn on your bosses).
>>
I would pick the survivor's scenario
>>
>>463242
I'd say PD.
>>
>>463255
My dubs have spoken.
>>
>>463242
Policeman. Leon Kennedy is on the scene!
>>
>>463242
We're waiting on you, OP.
>>
File: The beginning.png (23 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
The beginning.png
23 KB, 800x800
>>463255
>>463257
All right, you're a member of the local police department. When catastrophe struck, you did the unthinkable and decided to trek into the city to find survivors. You managed to save a few people, but they had succumbed to the virus within a day of holing up in the police station. You were lucky enough to escape with a few supplies, most notably your glock 22 handgun and some snacks that could last you about a day. Unfortunately, due to a truck careening towards you, you had to hop out of your car before it was destroyed by the oncoming vehicle. You find yourself in a deserted alleyway, you can see a sewer grate, a rat, some trash bags, a trash can, and the door to a gun store.
>>
>>463286
>Adjust shades.
>Check the door, maybe it's not locked.
>Try to get inside of the store.
>>
>>463286
Check the trash bag for fully roasted chickens. I played final fight, I know how alleys work.
>>
>>463288
Dubs has spoken again
>>
File: Happy old man.png (23 KB, 900x800) Image search: [Google]
Happy old man.png
23 KB, 900x800
Sorry about the slow updating, things are pretty hectic for me at random times. There'll be times when I update much faster.
>>463288
You adjust your sunglasses and test the door, turns out that it's not locked. You pull out your gun and carefully open the door, but nothing jumps out at you or shoots you. Instead, you find yourself inside of the gun store, which looked safer than you expected. Inside of the store, you see an old man with some sort of 12 gauge shotgun on a counter next to him and more guns than you thought existed in the city hung up on walls around him (as well as a mini-fridge filled with assorted refreshments by a display case full of pistols and knives).
>>
>>463336
>Casual approach

>"You got any good rifles? One that can shoot and hit its mark at preferably 300 yards?"
>>
>>463336
Approach excitedly, and say
"HARK MERCHANT! DOES DOTH POSES A WALKMAN CD PLAYER!?" and try and by it. also a cool butterfly knife.
>>
File: scary monsters.png (22 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
scary monsters.png
22 KB, 900x900
>>463372
The merchant looks at you confusedly.

>"Are you all right, whippersnapper?"

You shrug and ask normally.

>"Sorry to disappoint ya', but I don't have any walkmen. I might have the knife ya' want lyin' around here somewhere. Look around and see if you can find it, I'll give ya' a disco-"

All of a sudden, the wooden planks blocking off the front windows of the store made a snapping sound and loud moaning could be heard from outside. It seems as though a few of the undead have found the store and plan on breaking in!
>>
>>463658
Use the old man as bait while you rob the store and look for an escape route
>>
File: badass old man.png (30 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
badass old man.png
30 KB, 900x900
>>463685
You consider using the old man as bait for your escape until you see him pick up his shotgun, you'd rather not be on the receiving end of that thing.

>"Take some snacks with ya' and git, whippersnapper!"

The old man yells, motioning towards the fridge.

>"I'll hold 'em off while you git outta here!"

Seems as though you won't need to use the old man as bait after all, although it seems as though it'll be harder to rob the store with the speed at which the zombies are tearing down the old man's barricades. The only safe way out seems to be the exit sign behind the counter.
>>
Take a knife, then yell to the man to try to stay alive
>>
Then run out by the exit
>>
>>463843
take a rifle or shoty, maybe a pistol or a knife, then GET THE FUCK OUT OF THERE YOU MORON!!
>>
>>464004
be sure to take some ammo faggot, this is a gun shop, the guns don't come pre-loaded.
>>
File: another alley.png (27 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
another alley.png
27 KB, 900x900
>>463967
>>463968
The planks break even more, looks like you won't have enough time to grab a big gun and ammo. You break the glass in front of the knives and pistols, taking a good-looking handcrafted hunting knife.

>"They're almost inside! Get out now!"

The old man yells. You nod, wish him good luck and take a bottle of water from the minifridge before bolting out the back door. You hear a loud crashing sound just as you leave the store along with some yelling and gunshots, you hope that the old man will make it out alive.

It seems as though the back of the store led to another alleyway that was blocked off from the previous one that you were in (before entering the store) by a fence with barbed wire on the top. Besides a dumpster, there's nothing here but a way to the streets and a door to the gun shop.
>>
And so another quest thread falls... have any ever been finished? I wonder.
>>
>>466122
Maybe if people gave suggestions after OP's last post, it would've gone farther.
>>
>>464124
I would try to find some fire staircases or whatever way to the roof tops to look around and plan further actions
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.