[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /i/ I'm known as Murphy I'm not really common
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /i/ - Oekaki

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: IMG_20151110_140048-4.jpg (189 KB, 480x778) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151110_140048-4.jpg
189 KB, 480x778
Hello /i/ I'm known as Murphy I'm not really common in this board. And I just got some good advice on the board I frequent. But to expand my ability, hopefully, I want to see what you folks have to say. where am I giving wrong, what can I improve?
>>
>>460836
Going*
>>
>>460836
where'd you get the advice from?
>>
>>460861
and here is where i lose people, /b/
>>
>>460862
>/b/ gives better advice than /ic/
you didn't lose me but I cartainly lost my sides.
>>
>>460864
id never dreamed of posting my shit to /ic/ that's be suicide
>>
>>460866
that'd*
>>
For real? Nothing?
>>
>>460864
Actually better if I do
>>
File: nope.jpg (97 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
nope.jpg
97 KB, 500x500
>>460836
>> hands look weird
>> lines are messy and inconsistent for >>drawing something so simple
>>looks like the work of someone who can only >>draw faces.
>>Is that guy suppose to be tall? because his >>proportions suggest that hes actually short >>and anorexic. his head should be smaller, or >>his body should be bigger.
advice:
>>draw bigger? idfk. usually i see lines like that >>if the picture is either really small or >>someone is using a dull pencil.
>>try using a pen, thatll fix your fuckin problem
>>/ic/ is full of snob faggots and post more >>images than actual art work. /i/ is full of >>weaboos furries and teenagers from >>america, so pick your poison?
>>find your favourite artists and try to copy >>their work as practice. generally a good way >>to improve without having to reinvent the >>wheel.
its harder to draw on a cheap tablet than on paper. all this advice was pulled straight out of my ass hole.
>>
>>460935
Better than literally anyone I've been asking. Jesus Christ thank you. Fuckin' finally
>>
File: FANCY MAN JONES.png (286 KB, 600x1000) Image search: [Google]
FANCY MAN JONES.png
286 KB, 600x1000
Apologies for the re-draw, I hope it doesn't seem rude but it will help me explain some things.

Main issue is with basic character construction. I made the silhouette much clearer, made it obvious he had a cane and pipe, and tightened up those lines of action. I have his downwards action (his feet, hand holding the cane) on one side, and minimal upwards action on the other side (hand holding wine). Previously it looked almost like a hunched squat, but you can tighten it up into a very refined, dignified pose, bring out a lot of the character's finer taste and pride. Also the arm and cane give a nice, sharp angle on the action side that helps build a greater sense of balance in the character, while still giving him a fragile, unbalanced feel.

His arms and legs are either too long or too short, depending on what you're going for. I assumed gangly, so I lengthened them. Well, not the arms, but more on that in a bit.

Your drawing was roughly 6.5-7 heads tall, I bumped it right up to 7.5, but I kept the groin at 4.5. This gives him the same torso size, but longer legs, drawing out that nice, gangly appeal.

His arms I actually shortened a bit. Wrists should end around the groin line, but I put them down farther, again for the gangly appeal of the character. It's a bit of a cheat, but if something doesn't LOOK wrong, whatever.

I made the feet longer. They should be around the same length of the forearm (You can check yourself with your own feet/arms). This is sort of a universal rule for human characters, you can break it but I've just made it one of my own personal reference points for character construction, same with counting by heads.

Studying proportions and anatomy is important so you can break rules like that, and it all comes with practice/experience.
>>
>>460944
Nope, I appreciate it mambo. Nothing is rude here and thing I can get it helpful. Now I just need to mull this over to really comprehend. Thank you. I'll see you around thread sometime
>>
>>460945
anything*
>>
>>460935
please learn how to greentext, jesus
>>
File: eat my ass.jpg (89 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
eat my ass.jpg
89 KB, 500x500
>>460975
>>
>>460836
We love you murph <3
>>
>>462515
you flatter me bby
>>
>>460944
if OP wanted to draw a ghastly old man rather than a dynamic rich dude, how would you have posed him but still given him a sense of weight?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.