[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My littlest brother (11) and I are very close. He loves anime,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /i/ - Oekaki

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (465 KB, 1513x2348) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
465 KB, 1513x2348
My littlest brother (11) and I are very close. He loves anime, so as a Christmas gift, I want to draw him as an anime character. I drew a sketch on paper and will draw over it on my tablet to make it look nice and official.
But before I do that, I'd like some constructive criticism because I don't normally draw in this style that he likes.
I plan on rotating things and playing with the proportions once I've put it on my tablet- so please point out any flaws you see that I can fix. Thank you!
>>
>>460587
Hate the artstyle. Can't just increase the head size of an adult and call it a kid.
Draw the hands, lazy.
Perspective is way off. Too many flaws to point out.
Eyes too close.
No hair part.
>Try harder next time.
>>
>>460590
Also, learn 2 gender differentiate.
>>
>>460590
Got it- I'll make the eyes further apart and head smaller.
drawing cartoon hands isnt difficult, i just don't know what to even put in them... Would it look awkward if they were just dangling next to him or something?
Lil bro doesn't have a hair part.
Also not sure how to fix the "style"- he specifically wants something anime.

Any other specifications? I can literally change the proportions/rotate/redraw anything here so specific things are helpful and nothing is "beyond saving".
He's a kid and I'm no artist so there's no need to be rude with your critique- I'm just trying to make my kid brother a meaningful present.
>>
File: a nun.jpg (82 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
a nun.jpg
82 KB, 500x500
>>460590
>>
File: srs what is this.jpg (147 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
srs what is this.jpg
147 KB, 500x500
>>460598
perhaps you should google "how i can draw teh anime?" and then it will show you, since there is a specific way to draw anime. unlike western cartoons, there is a standard way to draw anime.
>>
>>460600
I looked at a few of those and tried to keep them in mind as I drew-
I guess I got confused since there are several different styles of "anime"
Is there anything you can specify that stands out as "non anime/ out of place"?
>>
now that I think about it, I looked at a few "chibi" tutorials too- maybe I shouldn't have incorporated those

Thanks for you help so far by the way, guys. I appreciate it
>>
File: getrekt.jpg (119 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
getrekt.jpg
119 KB, 500x500
>>460598
here some instructions from your friendly ngeightborhood spipderman
>>
File: lesson number the second.jpg (43 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
lesson number the second.jpg
43 KB, 500x500
>>460604
its showing different proportions. for adult kid and baby. notice how they are not the right size, but they look the right age for their prportoins.
>>
>>460605
>>460604
Aaaaah I see! Thanks!
>>
>>460587
That fucking necks s ginormous
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.