[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Restaurant Quest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /i/ - Oekaki

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 9
Hey guys. This is the first time I'm going to try something like this. I got inspired to try my own "quest" after reading "Minimum Wage Hero," which you can find here: >>451295

I'm hoping some of you people are interested! Just letting you all know, there will be some dating sim elements to this quest. Anyway, on with the premise...

You are a young adult male who has just been hired at a fine dining establishment. This will be your first day on the job where your sous chef (and more importantly your new coworkers) will feel you out and see how comfortable you are in this environment. But before we get started, what do you look like?

[spoiler]I'll try my best to mold any replies into one outcome instead of favoring just one.[/spoiler]
>>
should've called it ReQuestaurant
>>
>>456708
Damn, maybe next time! Maybe that can be the name of the restaurant, haha.
>>
I look like the son of Sonic and Gumby combined in some malformed human. How did I get this fucking job.
>>
File: Peter O'Toole.jpg (146 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
Peter O'Toole.jpg
146 KB, 1200x1200
>>456704
You look like Peter O'Toole.
>>
File: O'Toole.jpg (53 KB, 306x559) Image search: [Google]
O'Toole.jpg
53 KB, 306x559
>>456744
Or, alternatively, Young Peter O'Toole.
>>
File: restaurant_quest1.jpg (73 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
restaurant_quest1.jpg
73 KB, 640x360
>>456737
>>456744
>>456745
It's Saturday morning in the ReQuestarant kitchen. You've just walked inside to some confused but passive expressions from your new coworkers. Most of them probably aren't aware that you're a new employee. Some of them are probably just taken back by your looks. You've been told you look like Peter O'Toole with Sonic the Hedgehog's hair. Thanks, mom and dad.

You wonder for a moment how you even managed to get this job looking the way you do. Of course you remember that your friend Myles put in a good word for you. You've been friends since high school and when he heard you were looking for a job, he decided to help you out.

It being Saturday, one of the busiest days of the week for any restaurant, everyone is at work today. Today would be a good opportunity to introduce yourself to your new coworkers. But before any of that, you need to get started on your own work.

You've been hired as a dishwasher. Not the most prestigious job, but we've all got to start somewhere. You're not exactly sure how to start the day, but you know who you can ask for advice.

Your sous chef, Mark, is the head of the kitchen, and that includes the dishwashing area. You can ask him just about anything and he will give you a reasonable answer.

You could ask Mark what to do, or you could introduce yourself to your dishwashing partner and ask him. You can see him from here, a very big, rotund guy currently getting the dishwashing area ready for the day. He may be big and thick, but you get the feeling that he wouldn't be very hard to talk to.

Of course, you are your own man in this kitchen and there are a number of other options available to you. You might not be aware of all of your options, but asking the right question is bound to get you somewhere. Figuring out the layout of the kitchen and restaurant, learning who is in this kitchen and what their jobs are... it's up to you to learn about your job.
>>
>>456748
go find Mark that'd be a good place to start
anyway need to find out where time i logged so the company can be properly billed for the hours worked
>>
File: restaurant_quest2.jpg (137 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
restaurant_quest2.jpg
137 KB, 640x360
>>456760
You decide to ask Mark what to do in order to start your day. You turn right and walk past the pastry section of the kitchen. You make a left at the corner and walk through a narrow area with a metal rack full of kitchen utensils and containers. You arrive at an open door with Mark sitting inside the room at his office desk.

>"Hey Mark. So, I'm here now. What do I do to get started?"

Mark turns to face you, still seated in his rolling office chair.

>>"Right. Just clock in for the day and head to the dishpit. There's a little box on the wall with a screen and some numbered buttons. Just punch in your ID number on the card we gave you during your orientation. Go meet Brandon after that, he'll show you the ropes."

>"Okay, thanks Mark!"

Before you leave, Mark extends his hand, which you grasp with your own. His grip is tight, as expected for a man of his size.

>>"Welcome aboard... uh, what was your name again?"
>>
>>456780
Bo.
>>
File: tegaki.png (17 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
17 KB, 400x400
gf
>>
File: restaurant_quest3.jpg (83 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
restaurant_quest3.jpg
83 KB, 640x360
>>456787
>>456791
>"Bo Girlfriend."

You're just as embarassed as ever sharing your name with someone. "Bo" isn't so bad but what kind of family has the last name "Girlfriend"? You've always found it so bizarre, but nevertheless, it is your name and you carry it as a part of your identity.

Mark replies after hearing your "unique" name.

>>"Oh. Right. You'll have to tell me the story behind that one. Anyway, good luck."

>"Yeah."

You walk back to the central area of the kitchen and punch in your ID number just as instructed. You've clocked in at 8:10 AM and won't be clocking out until break time at noon.

You glance at the dishpit and see that Brandon has finished preparing the area and is already washing dishes and various pieces of kitchen equipment. In fact, the place seems a little swamped with the amount of dishes that need to be washed. You wonder how the people in this kitchen managed to produce so much filth before the restaurant has even opened its doors for the day.

The big guy could probably use a hand, but then again, maybe he can hold tight for a bit. You're still a bit of a stranger to everyone and can use this moment to take a look around the kitchen without anyone pestering you much. This would help create a mental map in your head to get accustomed to the place. Or you could introduce yourself to someone and chat for a bit.
>>
>>456889
go check out the prep area and introduce yourself to the staff
also find where first aid kits and fire extinguishers are
(kitchens are war zones, you can never be to prepared)
>>
>>456889
Introduce yourself to the exceptionally cute schoolgirl helping to unload boxes in the back. Chances are she's the relative of someone important, and it's always good to be on the good side of someone like that.
>>
File: GoGoGo.gif (824 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
GoGoGo.gif
824 KB, 320x240
Gotta say, I'm digging your almost-hyper-realist style so far.
It's refreshing to see a new art style. I hope this turns out to be a wonderful and long-lived adventure.
>>
File: restaurant_quest4.jpg (108 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
restaurant_quest4.jpg
108 KB, 640x360
>>456890
>>456895
>>456896
You turn around from the machine on the wall that you entered your ID number into and see everyone hard at work with their respective tasks. Now would probably be a good time to greet your new coworkers since it's still a bit early and things aren't too busy yet.

>"Uh, hey guys. My name's Bo, I'm the new dishwasher here. Thought maybe I would introduce myself."

Your introduction is greeted with a couple of eager and slightly estranged stares from two employees. The one on the left was a bald man about your height and a little older. The blonde girl on the right was shorter than you but about the same age. She was kind of cute, too.

>>"Hey Bo. My name's Nick. Nice to meet you, man."

The bald guy extends his hand for you to shake, which you greet with a firm grip.

>>>"I'm Michelle. Nice to meet our new dishwasher! Brandon could use a friend."

Michelle giggled after making her remark about your new dishwashing partner. You wonder about Brandon's mental state for a second and figure you should find out where the first aid is located... just in case.

>"That's... assuring. I wanted to ask, is there a first aid kit around here?"

Nick was quick to answer your question, pointing to his right in order to lead you in the correct direction.

>>"Yeah, it's in the big box on the wall down this hallway. It's on the first right."

>"Okay, thanks."

>>"Hey, and, don't be afraid to ask us any questions. We don't bite. Well, she doesn't."

Michelle gave Nick a fun, confused look and went back to work.

>"Heh, alright."

You walk down the hall and within a few steps you found the box Nick was talking about. Very close to the work area and easy to access. There was even a fire extinguisher next to it on the ground for emergencies. Nick and Michelle seemed like decent folks. Maybe you can ask them about who else you could meet around here? In fact, it might be smart to ask about the general layout of the kitchen so you can find people yourself.
>>
>>457203
You should probably go help Brandon out with the dishes first. It sounds like there are plenty of them, and you don't want to piss off your new parter on the first day by leaving him to work by himself.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.