[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Film producers or directors you'd like to fuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /hm/ - Handsome Men

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: ArrilmO.jpg (35 KB, 640x336) Image search: [Google]
ArrilmO.jpg
35 KB, 640x336
Post pics of talented film producers/directors.

My ultimate fantasy is Xavier Dolan, a 26-year old Canadian filmmaker. He's won a ton of awards and directed Adele's Hello music video. He's also bilingual and gay.

Fuck yeah, his talent is hot as shit. He also looks fiiiiiiine.
>>
Dolan's ass is plump as fuckk
>>
That film in a french farm is really good. I'll tell you that
literally my dream abusive relationship senpai
>>
>>1329233
Obnoxious spoiled rich kid who only made it into the industry because his mommy and daddy had connections.
>>
>>1329372
he's still cute and still a decent filmmaker tho
>>
>>1329381
Anyone can be a decent filmmaker or better if given the money and resources. They guy doesn't actually have any talent, he just had everything in life handed to him because his parents are rich and already in the film industry.
>>
File: richard brody.jpg (547 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
richard brody.jpg
547 KB, 500x500
A challenger appears!

>Xavier Dolan's "Mommy" is a faux melodrama full of prefabricated spontaneity that generates exactly the effects and events required for mechanistic and insight-free psychological portraiture, filmed with a nearly total absence of vision but an absolutely total vanity--the cinematic proclamation of auteur-hood in the form of (not even a signature but) a logo the size of the screen. I can't remember who used this line first and about whom, but it's worth borrowing here: in this film, Dolan comes off not as an auteur but a prom-auteur (or a self-prom-auteur). It's all the more disappointing inasmuch as Laurence Anyways showed a little actual invention.
>>
>>1329400
>Anyone can be a decent filmmaker or better if given the money and resources.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDii69YCh_Q
>>
File: arca14.jpg (41 KB, 745x492) Image search: [Google]
arca14.jpg
41 KB, 745x492
>>1329233
>>
>>1329405 Not sure why the critic gave Mommy such a tongue-lashing. The film "Mommy" got 89% on Rotten Tomatoes and 8.1/10 on IMDB.

It's about the complex relationship between a selfish teen, Steve, and his despairing mother. To me, the film felt sincere from the beginning to end, not an "absolutely total vanity".

It also helps that Steve is gay. But the film isn't about gay angst or homophobia at all - the character just happens to be gay and it's completely natural. That really lifted the film for me.

The only thing I dislike about the film was that some of Steve's spontaneous actions did feel a bit prefabricated. It didn't pull me out but I could tell, briefly, that Steve was a crafted character.

Either way, a solid 7.5/10. A great movie by itself and one of the best LGBT films out there. Will rewatch again on a rainy day.
>>
>>1329407

> Anyone can be a decent filmmaker or better if given the money and resources.

lmao could you be more autistic. that's like saying:

> Anyone can be a decent composer or better if given the instruments and resources

get the fuck out of here
>>
>>1329405
>an auteur but a prom-auteur (or a self-prom-auteur)
- Just fuck my review up
>>
File: 1457295282276.gif (178 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1457295282276.gif
178 KB, 400x400
>mfw Godard had to share a prize with this hack
>>
this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOCh6ppTutg
>>
>>1329233
I enjoy his movies but he's hideous.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.