[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"We two dear men, friends forever, were here. If you want
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: 241242445235.jpg (58 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
241242445235.jpg
58 KB, 500x281
"We two dear men, friends forever, were here. If you want to know our names, they are Pullo and Vorenus."
>>
Bros for the ages.

Pax
>>
They're both in hell
>>
>>999866
This is mean they are at this damned planet so >>999842 Hello guys!
>>
>>999866
I'm pretty sure they'd be considered Virtuous Pagans
>>
File: Rome S01E11.webm (792 KB, 608x336) Image search: [Google]
Rome S01E11.webm
792 KB, 608x336
>>
>>999866
And they're still friends there?
>>
Vorenus was a cunt
>>
>>1000214

and a cuck
>>
>>1000137

XIII!!!
>>
Patrician as fuck show

Season 1 > 2 though. I liked it better when it felt they had chemistry instead of becoming full blown gay
>>
>>1000905
this, but season 2 has cleopatra, and damn... she's hot as fuck
>>
>>999866
Yeah, but in the comfy upper circle with the other virtuous pagans
>>
>>999842
I wish I could be even half the man that Vorenus was.
How can a person achieve such dedication to duty?
>>
>>1000971
One must put the put the senate and the people of Rome before themselves, of course
>>
>>999866
You're that fucking anal-pained protestant guy who keeps talking about "not knowing the will of God", aren't you?
>>
>>999842
VIII.2 (in the basilica); 1824: Let everyone one in love come and see. I want to break Venus’ ribs with clubs and cripple the goddess’ loins. If she can strike through my soft chest, then why can’t I smash her head with a club?

>Ancient r9k
>>
>Turning Mark Anthony into a sympathetic bad guy

Wasnt ready for it desu
>>
Never forget that the real Pullo served Pompey during the civil war.
>>
>>1001490
how did he ended up at Caesar's?
>>
what the fuck am i reading?

http://lucerne.wikia.com/wiki/Lucius_Vorenus
>>
File: Eeh.png (107 KB, 530x349) Image search: [Google]
Eeh.png
107 KB, 530x349
>>1001538
Just that whole wiki.
>>
>>1000905
Season 2 just felt rushed in general
>>
>>1001497
He served Ceasar during the campaign in Gaul but Pompey during the civil war.
>>
>>1001622

It was rushed they got their show cut.
>>
>>1001398
How is he seen by most historians? It seems to me he instantly becomes more sympathetic considering he's fighting the psychopath that is Augustus, no? That's a thing I feel they missed in the show was to show Augustus having great charisma, to me that felt absent.
>>
>>1002365
Except the show has issues because it makes Octavian look like a cunt, which in reality that was more aptly a description for Antony.
>>
>>1001398
I don't really see him as the bad guy in that series. I mean, they portray him as a loyal Roman led astray.
>>
>>1002365
>How is he seen by most historians?

Sort of an jock asshole who liked partying a lot, but everyone respect him for his unmovable loyalty to Caeser
>>
>>1002365
>How is he seen by most historians?
A born soldier who couldn't deal with the politics of Rome. When pushed he just thought with his dick and went with Cleo
>>
File: trve.jpg (153 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
trve.jpg
153 KB, 1280x720
>>999842
>yfw you realise Vorenus and Pullo were real people mentioned by Caesar
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.